Question about 2002 Dodge Caravan
How do I remove the left front door inner panel to get to the window regulator on a 2002 Dodge caravan.
On the inside trim, you can remove screws that are by the door handle, arm rest, under door and side of door and then gently pull back on the panel as there will also be retaining clips attached and you don't want to break them. You'll need to lift the door panel upwards in order to get it off the window ledge. Then you'll need to manipulate the panel and disconnect the door handle linkage from the door handle and disconnect the wiring for your controls
Posted on Sep 23, 2009
There are a couple screws in the door panel. theres one or two at the bottom of the door and one or two where the door handle is. take those out. They are phillips head screws. then take a flat screw driver or a thin pry bar, and slide it in along the side of the door between the metal part of the door and the door panel. Run it down and around and pry lightly, there are little plastics tacks that snap in place and pop out to remove the panel. Once you get them all out. Pull panel out wards and then slide it up and it will come off, then your home free.
Posted on Sep 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 21, 2014 | 2005 Dodge Grand Caravan
Sep 18, 2012 | 2002 Jeep Wrangler
1. Remove the watershield. (Refer to 23 - BODY/DOOR - FRONT/WATERSHIELD - REMOVAL)
2. Remove door glass retaining clips and secure the window in the up position using masking tape or equivalent(FRONT DOOR GLASS CLIPS).
3. Disconnect wire connector from power window motor, if equipped.
4. Loosen screws attaching front and rear window guide rails to inner door panel (FRONT DOOR MANUAL WINDOW REGULATOR - TYPICAL).
5. Remove screw heads on guide rails from key hole slots in inner door panel.
6. Loosen screws attaching regulator to inner door panel.
7. Remove regulator from inner door panel.
8. Extract rear guide rail through inner door panel rear access hole (FRONT DOOR POWER WINDOW - TYPICAL).
9. Extract front guide rail through front access hole.
1. Insert front guide rail through front access hole.
2. Insert rear guide rail through rear access hole.
3. Place window regulator in position on inner door panel.
4. Place screw heads on guide rails in position through key hole slots in inner door panel.
5. Tighten screws to attach front and rear guide rails to inner door panel.
6. Connect wire connector into power window motor, if equipped.
7. Install door glass.
8. Verify door glass alignment and operation.
9. Install sound shield and door trim panel
DIAGRAMS CAN BE FOUND ON JUSTANSWER,COM
Sep 02, 2012 | 1997 Dodge Grand Caravan
Feb 02, 2012 | 2000 Dodge Caravan
Feb 14, 2011 | 1997 Mercury Grand Marquis
Mar 14, 2010 | 1998 Dodge Caravan
Oct 26, 2009 | 1999 Dodge Durango
Sep 05, 2009 | 2004 Dodge Caravan
Apr 13, 2009 | 1997 Ford Windstar
Apr 05, 2009 | 1998 Dodge Grand Caravan
347 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: