Question about 1995 Ford Taurus
You need to replace the electrical part of the igntion switch.Here are the instructions
1. Disconnect battery ground cable (14301). Remove the upper steering column shroud (3530) by removing the four or five self-tapping screws. Remove tilt steering column lock lever (3F527) (if equipped).
2. Remove lower steering column shroud.
3. Disconnect the ignition switch electrical connector.
4. Rotate ignition switch lock cylinder (11582) to the RUN position.
5. Remove the two screws retaining ignition switch (11572).
6. Disengage the ignition switch from the actuator.
A new replacement ignition switch assembly will be set in the RUN position as received.
1. Adjust the ignition switch by sliding the carrier to the ignition switch RUN position.
2. Check to ensure that the ignition switch lock cylinder is in the RUN position. The RUN position is achieved by rotating the ignition switch lock cylinder approximately 90 degrees from the LOCK position.
3. Install the ignition switch pin into the actuator. It may be necessary to move the ignition switch slightly back and forth to align the ignition switch mounting holes with the lock cylinder housing threaded holes.
4. Install retaining screws. Tighten to 5.6-7.9 N-m (50-69 lb-in).
5. Connect electrical connector to ignition switch.
6. Connect battery ground cable. Check ignition switch for proper function, including START and ACC positions. Also, make certain that the column is in the LOCK position.
7. Install lower steering column shroud.
8. Install the upper steering column shroud and tilt steering column lock lever (if equipped).
Posted on Feb 18, 2009
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 25, 2014 | 1996 Ford Taurus
Oct 08, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Oct 30, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 30, 2012 | 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue
Oct 26, 2017 | Chrysler PT Cruiser Cars & Trucks
Aug 17, 2009 | 2002 Pontiac Grand Am
Jun 20, 2008 | 1996 Ford F250 Crew Cab
Sep 17, 2014 | 1995 Ford Taurus
175 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!