Question about 1993 Buick LeSabre

1 Answer

Hose from water pump to intake manifold above and behind water pu

Connector that goes into manifold has broken off at manifold. can this be replaced and what is it called? It's made of plastic. does it just screw in and out? It is just above water pump behind the alternator. 93 lesabre custom.

Posted by on

  • 3 more comments 
  • Anonymous Mar 12, 2009

    I have a 92 buick century with the same problem. The official name of the connector is called a thermostat bypass connector (according to the buick parts dept.) it ran 42 dollars for the part. Ouch!!

  • James Jun 28, 2013

    wow for a cheap peice of plastic

  • James Jun 28, 2013

    Add a Commentmanifold any ideas how to get it out.

  • James Jun 28, 2013

    Sry first time using this site not very good at typing either.

  • Anonymous Mar 27, 2014

    There is a plastic hose on back bottom side of intake manifold vacume can't find where it goes starting problems


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Contributor
  • 32 Answers

This is a water pump bypass hose connector to the manifold, take the broken piece to a parts store and show it to them, it should have the threads still broken off in the manifold so explain that. To remove the broken piece ask for a EZ OUT to fit the piece you took to the store.
It is common for these to become brittle and break off but it is a simple fix.

Posted on Feb 21, 2009

1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

How do you remove the fuel line from the intake manifold on a Ford Ranger XLT with a 2.9 Litre engine?

Not sure what you are saying that broke.
If the line is plastic and the fitting has no place for a wrench, you use a tool made to release the spring tension inside the connector. AC lines use the same setup.
If the plastic line is broke, you may be able to get a repair kit at your local auto parts store. The fuel line is designed to be replaced all in one piece, not repaired.

Nov 25, 2015 | Ford Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Replace lower manifold gasket now its shifting hard and low rpm trouble codes p1111 and p0113 and p1107 andp0206 andp0107

exhaust manifold replaced ? were any wire harness connectors removed or unplugged (even temporary ) , reason I ask is that with engine management software the way it is now days , they sense that something didn't get hooked back just quite right when you undo the plugs , I allways use plastic sandwich bags to protect my connectors when removing any on a ecm engine , try something called spray electronic contact cleaner on the plugs that were removed (you'll need to pull them apart once more to apply this stuff) this compound helps restore that "perfect" contact back so ecm will be "happy" once again

Oct 20, 2015 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Need routing for vacuum line on 1999 454 in winnebago motor home

look for a T shape line it maybe broken so look for any pipe that looks like it has a plastic connector the line will fit to that but you will need a new T line addaptor..

Jan 26, 2014 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

How hard is it to replace the MAP sensor on a 2001 dodge durango?


4.7L The MAP sensor is located on the front of the intake manifold. An O-ring seals the sensor to the intake manifold.
  1. Disconnect electrical connector at sensor.
  2. Clean area around MAP sensor.
  3. Remove 2 sensor mounting bolts.
  4. Remove MAP sensor from intake manifold.
To Install:
  1. Clean MAP sensor mounting hole at intake manifold.
  2. Check MAP sensor O-ring seal for cuts or tears.
  3. Position sensor into manifold.
  4. Install MAP sensor mounting bolts (screws). Tighten screws to 3 Nm (25 inch lbs..) torque.
  5. Connect electrical connector.

Apr 23, 2010 | 2001 Dodge Durango

1 Answer

Heater hose between rear of intake manifold & heater core. Where it attaches to the intake manifold it appears to be some sort of slip connector...something like an air hose? How do you disconnect...

The plastic clip must be pushed together and pulled. These are very easy to break, Also fitting that goes into manifold will sometimes break off. Use care

Mar 14, 2010 | 1989 GMC C2500

1 Answer


Strip it back and replace all the broken items/parts. New or good clean used parts. You do it or pay a repair shop. What is the problem or question. It is broken Fix it

Sep 26, 2009 | 1999 Isuzu Rodeo

1 Answer

How do you change an idle control valve on a 2003 gmc envoy

The idle air control valve will be located at the top of the engine on top of the intake manifold. If you hold the new valve and then look at the manifold you should see where it goes. I'm guessing it'll have 2 screws and 1 electrical connector. The one's that I've replaced were very easy to get to and replace. Not sure on your vehicle. The screws may be phillips or torx type heads. Good luck, if this helps please rate this. Thanks.

Jul 04, 2009 | 2003 GMC Envoy

1 Answer

Fluid leaking from intake bypass connection need exploded view of the intake manifold the plastic connector from water by pass is broken i dont know what it is called to re order

you may be talking about the heater pipe quick connector located on the lower intake mainfold.Very common to break off on early 3.1 liter engines.Also very difficult to get out with intake on car.most of the time they have to be cut out in pieces with intake removed from engine.hope this helps

May 15, 2009 | 1992 Chevrolet Lumina

1 Answer

Passenger side map light won't work even after bulb replacement?

There is a little plastic cover that hides two mounting screws where the arm goes into the headliner. Pop that cover off and remove the screws. Pull the arm down until you can see the wires that run through the are. Make sure the connector is still connected and look to see if the wires are broken. If not, the wires could be broken in the sunvisor.

Nov 28, 2008 | 2005 Honda Accord

Not finding what you are looking for?
1993 Buick LeSabre Logo

Related Topics:

941 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Buick Experts


Level 3 Expert

70387 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22041 Answers

Jeff Turcotte
Jeff Turcotte

Level 3 Expert

6878 Answers

Are you a Buick Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides