Question about 1986 Cadillac Fleetwood
I've got a 1986 Cadillac Fleetwood. When I turn the heater/defroster, I can hear it blowing, just not getting hot. My husband said it's probably a valve stuck open or shut, which ever it may be. I had a 1984 Chevy Suburban that had the same problem, but I could fix it cause I knew where the valve was. Can anyone tell me where the vavle is on the Cadi. I have small kids and it gets pretty cold in the car.
I would have the Thermostat replaced first of all. This the least expensive thing to start with. And just may be Your problem. And if not? And You do it Yourself. Then Your only out a few Bucks! Hope this may Help!
Posted on Feb 17, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 28, 2016 | 2005 Hyundai Tucson
Jan 04, 2016 | 1990 Cadillac Deville
Dec 02, 2013 | Cadillac Cars & Trucks
Nov 30, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 26, 2013 | 1993 Cadillac Fleetwood
1. Disconnect electric-al connectors at blower motor,
compressor cycling switch, power
module and radio lead-in connections.
2. Remove righthand windshield washer nozzle.
3. Remove righthand secondary air inlet screen from plenum.
4. Partially remove rubber molding above plenum.
5. Remove remaining screws and the primary inlet screen.
6. Remove blower motor.
7. Remove two screws securing compressor cycling switch to
module and position
switch out of way.
8. Remove AC module cover attaching screws and the cover.
9. Disconnect heater hoses at heater core.
10. Remove screw and retainer holding heater core to frame
11. With temperature door in max. hot position, reach
through temperature housing and
push lower forward comer of heater core away from housing,
then rotate core
parallel to housing.
12. Remove heater core.
13. Reverse procedure to install.
Dec 23, 2010 | 1986 Cadillac Fleetwood
Dec 12, 2010 | 1993 Cadillac DeVille
Jan 14, 2010 | 1996 Cadillac DeVille
Jan 12, 2010 | 1995 Cadillac DeVille
Jan 22, 2009 | 1992 Cadillac DeVille
Jan 01, 2013 | 1986 Cadillac Fleetwood
166 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: