Question about 2000 Mitsubishi Mirage
Does anyone know how to get the original stereo removed from the Mirage 2000? I want to get a DVD/GPS in-dash 2-din to replace the original one, but I have no idea how to get it out to even get in there, not to mention to get the new wiring correctly installed.
1) disconnect the negative battery cable
2) remove panel from around radio. On some models the panel is held on with screws.On others use a plastic trim tool to pry the lower part of the radio panel loose.
3) remove the radio mounting bracker screws. These are located on the side of the bracket that houses your stereo.
4) slide the radio out of the instrument panel and disconnect the wiring harness and antenna cable.
5) remove mounting brackets from radio
It may also be helpful to tag all wires before disconnecting them.
Posted on Mar 14, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 23, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 05, 2016 | 2005 GMC Yukon Denali
Oct 06, 2014 | Cars & Trucks
Dec 07, 2010 | 1991 Honda Accord
May 20, 2010 | 2000 Chevrolet Silverado
Sep 14, 2009 | 2003 Pontiac Vibe
Jun 10, 2009 | 2003 Ford Escape
Jan 27, 2009 | 2001 Ford Expedition
Aug 17, 2008 | 2008 Chevrolet Express
271 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: