Question about 2004 Buick LeSabre
HOW TO REPLACE REAR TURN SIGNAL BULBS & SIDE MARKER BULBS ON 2002 & 2004 bUICK lESABRE?
Working from the trunk.
1. Locate and remove the 2 retaining knobs (doohickeys that you fasten
the trunk cargo net to) on each side that hold the hard plastic trunk
liner to the rear light assemblies.
2. Move the plastic plate that holds the spare tire back away from the
plastic trunk liner. This releases the bottom of the plastic piece.
3. With a large screw driver, pry the long plastic piece that goes
from side to side by prying up from the bumper. It's held in place by
some push in holders. Remove the large plastic piece.
4. Locate the 5 studs (threaded posts) on each light assembly. Three
will be located vertically in a line, and the other two will be
5. Using a 10 mm socket remove 4 of the 5 nuts fastening the light
assembly to the body. DO NOT remove the lowest nut of the 3 in a
vertical line as this does not fasten the light assembly to the car.
6. Hand pull the light assembly from the car body.
7. Remove the bad lamp. Twist lamp socket and pull out of assembly.
Pull the lamp and replace with a # 194.
8. If replacing a tail lamp replace with a #3057 (book says #3357).
9. Test light prior to reassembly.
10. Ensure gasket material for assembly and studs is intact. This
keeps water/dust out and dampens movement (prevents rattling and
increases the life of the lamps).
11. Use reverse instruction for reassembly.
Rear tail lamps for the 2002 La Sabre has eight nuts that hold the cover in place ( one piece-all acroos the back of the car). Do not remove the nuts for the lock, the cover sits in place and is not secured to the lock. Use a 10 mm deep well socket. remove the nuts and lift the cover to replace the burned out bulb(s). The bulbs are #194 or #198 (very small bulbs), not the 3057. It is easy to locate the burned out bulbs by putting the car in reverse and shutting off the engine and then put the ignition key in the accessory mode. The lights will light unless they are burned out. Simply pull them out and replace with the new ones and put the cover back in place and secure the nuts.
Posted on Feb 23, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
May 16, 2013 | 1999 Buick LeSabre Custom
Aug 15, 2012 | 2004 Buick LeSabre
Jul 27, 2012 | 2001 Buick LeSabre
Feb 21, 2010 | 2000 Buick LeSabre
Jan 29, 2010 | 1994 Buick LeSabre
Sep 17, 2009 | 1993 Buick LeSabre
Jun 25, 2008 | 1998 Buick Century
4,176 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: