- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is from the Owners Handbook : Alternator Drive Belt. 1. Loosen the alternator mounting bolt and adjusting bar bolt. Replace Fanbelt. 2. Turn the adjusting bolt until the correct tension is obtained. The deflexion should be 10mm. 3. Tighten bolts and recheck the tension.
If your engine are the 1,6 l , it is the same engine as my MX5 91.
You have to remove power steering belt first if you have one. Loosen the mounting bolt located behind the pump pulley, then loosen the tensioner bracket bolts( one on the engine bracket and one in front of the adjusting bolt). After unscrew the adjusting bolt and push down the pump. Remove the belt.
Now, it is the alternator. Loosen the mounting bolt located under the alternator, then loosen the tensioner bracket, but only the only in front of the adjusting bolt. Unscrew the adjusting bolt and pull up the alternator and remove the belt.
When you tightening the new belt, the belt should be able to make a 1/4 turn, to make sure it is not to tight.
You would begin by first removing the negative terminal of the battery. Then tuck the terminal in some area, so it won't flip back.
2. Unplug the alternator electrical connector, and remove the wire bolted to it.
3. Locate the adjuster bolt and nut, loosen both of them to the bearest minimum position, and push sideways to slacken the alternator belt. Slide belt off the pulleys, and take it out.
4. Locate the alternator pivot bolt, and loosen it and remove it.
5. Loosen the upper holding bolt of the alternator, and remove that as well.
6. Gently take out the alternator.
7. The alternator could be exchanged for a rebuilt one at any autoparts store.
**Important: Battery must be fully charged before installing a new alternator.
8. Reverse this procedure to install the new alternator belt.
Loosen alternator right back You will have to loosen pivot bolt underneath alternator Replace belt and tighten alternator until you can move belt about 5-6mm by pushing on it with two fingers Quite fiddly job Not much room