Question about 1998 Volvo S70

1 Answer

Name that 1998 Volvo S70 part.....

I have a 1998 Volvo S70 & needed to replace the rear cam gasket/seal, that sits behind the distributor. I replaced it & fixed my oil leak into the distributor, but in the process broke the piece that fits on the the distributor rotor. It is a round place with three holes in it that holds the distributor rotor on, in place to fit inside the distributor. Being that this part rarely get broke (It was my fault), I'm sure Volvo was not really execpting to have the part replaced. I need to know the name of that part so I can order it. I have attempted to order it with several parts stores & they end up either not being able to find it or they order what they think it is & it ends up being another distributor rotor. Please if possible name that part & give any suggestions on where to get it, because I am running out of faith. Thank you.

Posted by on

  • satjdg Feb 13, 2009

    Question:Name that part - The round three holed piece that the distributor rotor fits on to inside of the distributor?

    Answer - Rotor Flange (As advised by the Volvo Auto Parts Rep)



1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that gotĀ 5 achievements.


    An expert whose answer gotĀ voted for 20 times.


    An expert who has answered 20 questions.

  • Expert
  • 128 Answers

This part will only be available through a Volvo dealer or maybe used from a junkyard. It is the metal base that bolts to the intake cam and the rotor bolts to it. A Dealer can look it up, there isn't really a name, just describe where it attaches to.

Posted on Feb 12, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

I have a 1999 Volvo S70 that is leaking transmission fluid from the bellhousing. I dont know what it could be.

you need to replace the output shaft seal, if it is a rear wheek drive remove the drive shaft pry the seal out with a seal puller or other tool and repalce it with a new seal

Nov 08, 2013 | 1999 Volvo S70

1 Answer

Antifreeze in distributor cap

You have a leaky seal on the distributor shaft. It needs to be pulled and replaced!

Jan 12, 2013 | 1998 Volvo S70

1 Answer

On driverside of engine, oil leaking out around where I call the back cam ( one closet to firewall) at end. I am talking about opposite end from timing belt on engine. If I removed cap ( w/two star screws...

That seal typically comes with a pack that includes all the cam bearing seals and the valve covers seals. It very easy to replace. Remove the valve cover and discard the old seal, remove the old cam shaft bearing cap seals. Replace the bearing cap seals and the valve cover seal and replace the cap and cover. Tighten the bolts to about 30 lbs and that should resolve the problem.

Feb 17, 2011 | 1998 Volvo S70

2 Answers

How do you replace rear brakes on a 98 Volvo S70

I have step by step with diagrams and technique recomendations. email me at

Jul 29, 2010 | 1998 Volvo S70

1 Answer

1998 volvo s70..i took apart steering column..there is a white connecter behind wiper switch not connected to anything,what is it.

It is a connection for the rear wiper/washer on the V70 wagon. The same dash harness is used for both models so that connector just hangs there on the S70.

Jun 01, 2010 | 1998 Volvo S70

1 Answer

My volvo s70 1998 doesn't want to start at all in very cold weather. What should I do?

make sure the battery is ok check spark plugs distributor cap and rotar arm for any wear or damage if it has original plug leads replace them also make sure correct grade of oil in engine also clean throttle body

Jan 06, 2010 | 1998 Volvo S70

2 Answers

Where is fuel filter on 1998 Volvo S70 non turbo?

The fuel filter can be located under the carpeted cargo storage floor at the rear of the wagon. Remove the four 10mm bolts, remove the cover. You will then see a removable plate to the right just behind the rear passenger seat. Fuel filter can be seen through hole in hole. Replaced from underneath wagon. Be sure to make sure lines are fully inserted onto filter. Check for leaks. Note arrow on filter for correct fuel flow. Good luck and hope this helps and no smoking please LOL

Jul 11, 2009 | 1998 Volvo V70

1 Answer

1998 S70 and After Market Cataltic Converter

How does it "sound like it's going bad"? It's aftermarket, and it isn't the same as OEM. It won't sound the same either. That doesn't mean it's bad. They might have left a gasket loose, making an unusual and loud sound.

Apr 19, 2017 | 1998 Volvo S70

1 Answer

Distributor leaking oil

ok if the oil is coming out of the distributor it has to be taken right out and marked to go back in the correct spot there is a rubber o ring on the shaft of it.

Sep 04, 2008 | 1998 Volvo S70

Not finding what you are looking for?
1998 Volvo S70 Logo

Related Topics:

227 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Volvo Experts


Level 3 Expert

77499 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22306 Answers

Ronny Bennett Sr.
Ronny Bennett Sr.

Level 3 Expert

6927 Answers

Are you a Volvo Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides