I have same problem. Below are a couple of suggestions from LincolnOnLine.com on how to close the sunroof manually. The first relates to a '93 and I'm not sure about the second. Use this info at your own risk. If you get a better answer, PLEASE POST IT HERE FOR ME. Thanks. Mort
Here is the text from my 93 Manual. There is an access panel in the rear centre of the headliner if it is the same as my 93.
To close the sliding panel manually, remove the roof access hole trim
panel located at the rear of the moon roof assembly. Remove the motor
and bracket assembly as outlined to expose the splined shaft of the moon
roof drive gear box. Using a typical corporate door window regulator
crank handle properly set on the splined shaft, crank the moon roof
It is recommended that the battery ground cable be disconnected when removing or installing the moon roof motor assembly.
Removal and Installation
1. Operate glass panel until rear of glass panel is flush with sheet metal surface.
2. Remove motor access cover.
3. Remove two motor retaining screws.
4. Lower motor away from splined motor gear and disconnect electrical connector.
5. To install, reverse Removal procedure and synchronize motor as outlined under Adjustments.
Current:<P>1995 Town Car Executive 80K Miles<BR>1990
Mustang LX 2.3 Auto 62K<BR>1985 Chevrolet Caprice Estate Wagon X 2
(160K & 100K)<BR>1983 Chevrolet Caprice Sedan<BR>1984
Renault Turbo Fuego 60K<P>Past<BR> <BR>1980 Oldsmobile
Cutlass<BR>1980 Chevrolet Citation<BR>1974 Triumph
Spitfire<BR>1968 Triumph Spitfire<BR>1957 MGA<BR>1966
Renault R8<BR>1966 Renault R10<BR>1974 Chevrolet
Malibu<BR>1968 Pontiac Firebird<BR>1966 Honda S600
Converible w Hardtop<BR>1978 Bobcat<BR>1969 Buick
Last edited by Thanet; January 8th, 2007 at 07:07 PM.
January 8th, 2007, 07:26 PM
Join Date: January 8th, 2007
Location: Boston, MA
Thanks for the moonroof help. I might be getting a switch in the a.m. If not that remedy doesn't sound too bad. Bill M.
January 8th, 2007, 09:49 PM
Join Date: July 26th, 2004
Location: New York
1. Remove the roof headlining access hole cover located at the rear of the roof headlining.
2. Remove the sliding roof panel motor as outlined to expose the splined shaft of the sliding roof rail and guide.
3. Crank theroof sliding outer glass panel closed using a typical
corporate door window regulator crank handle properly set on the splined
4. After performing these operations, remove crank handle and retime as
outlined. Refer to «Adjustments, Motor Synchronization (Timing)» .
5. Install the sliding roof panel motor.
6. Tighten to 4-6 N-m (36-53 lb-in) and install roof headlining access hole cover.