- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
which brake warning light is on? the xtype does not have pad wear sensors fitted. so i guess you mean the abs light or the handbrake light.more than likely its the abs light and the common problem is the reluctor rings on one or the other of the rear outer constant velocity joints corroded/ fell off get the fault codes out of the abs module to help.
Electronic Park Brake (EPB)
On some 2003 MY-on S-TYPE vehicles, a customer may report a concern of premature
parking brake pad wear or the brakes binding. This condition can result if the electronic
park brake (EPB) system is not re-calibrated after the removal of the rear brake callipers
to replace the brake pads.
Should a customer express concern regarding the above, refer to the calibration
procedure detailed in this bulletin.
1. Reset the EB module:
a. Switch off the ignition.
b. Disconnect the battery for 30 seconds. For additional information, refer to STYPE
Workshop Manual Section 414-01.
c. Reconnect the battery.
2. Start the engine.
3. Firmly apply and release the foot brake five times.
4. Confirm that the message NOT CALIBRATED" or APPLY FOOT AND PARK
BRAKE" is displayed on the instrument cluster message center. This indicates that
the parking brake is in calibration mode.
5. Lightly press the foot brake pedal.
6. Apply the parking brake by using the EB switch.
7. Release the parking brake.
8. Release the foot brake.
9. Confirm that the brake warning lamp is no longer illuminated on the instrument
pack and that the NOT CALIBRATED" message is no longer displayed in the
10. Apply and release the EPB five times to ensure no error is present. _____________________________________________________________________________
NB: It is also possible the actuator is bad though.
Remove the luggage compartment rear trim panel. Detach luggage compartment side trim panel. Detach the rear lamp assembly bulb holder. Remove the rear lamp assembly.
To install, reverse the removal procedure.