Question about 1997 Saab 900
The car is not a convertible.
1. Remove the battery.
2. Remove the clutch cable end from the clutch arm end at the wire stop.
3. Slide out the rubber doughnut from the gearbox housing which holds the clutch cable
4. Move the distribution box nut and the alarm pin attached to it (some modules)
5. Disconnect the clutch cable holder from the fender and the data link holder.
6. Remove the drivers lower panel below the steering wheel and remove the air duct as well as the knee shield.
7. Slide out the fuse box holder and ICE Box (should be a black box with many wires going to it). You can remove the instrument cluster at this point but you can also do this without removing the cluster with a little patience
8. Move the pedal spring to one side and remove the eye catch for the cable.
9. Remove the clutch cable by pulling it out from the engine compartment
10. Reinstall in the reverse. Saab actually came out with a bulletin which Needed one to install two washers at the back of the new cable instead of one. The factory cable comes with one but you can remove the 2nd washer off the old cable and install it on the new cable so two exist. This helps take up excessive pedal slack.
Posted on Apr 29, 2009
SOURCE: i need a
yes the dealer is the only one that can supply a code for a radio seeing they have the code generation software. they sometimes do it over the phone if your real nice. good luck
Posted on Mar 04, 2010
Testimonial: "Thanks for your help!!!!"
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 24, 2016 | 1997 Saab 900
Sep 18, 2016 | Saab Cars & Trucks
Mar 22, 2012 | 1996 Saab 900
Mar 04, 2010 | 1997 Saab 900
Jun 10, 2009 | 1997 Saab 900
May 19, 2009 | 1995 Saab 900
May 12, 2009 | 1997 Saab 900
Apr 10, 2009 | 1996 Saab 900
Apr 06, 2009 | 1998 Saab 900
Nov 25, 2008 | 1998 Saab 900
153 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!