Question about 1994 Ford Taurus
When vehicle is put in reverse it dies immediately. Have replaced the ignition module and Fuel pump and filter!
How is the car when put in drive? Does it almost stall or does it run fine? Almost sounds like a transmission problem. Reverse and drive put the same exact load on the engine when sitting still, so it seems unlikely it could be anything but a transmission problem. Maybe the transmission range switch is out of adjustment or bad.
Posted on Feb 07, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 10, 2015 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Sep 02, 2014 | 1994 Ford Mustang
Jul 28, 2011 | 1994 Ford Taurus
Apr 15, 2011 | 1998 GMC Jimmy
2002 Dodge Caravan
Fuel Filter Replacement Procedure
1. The fuel filter is located on top of the fuel tank near the fuel pump module. Fuel lines are permanently attached to filter assembly and must be replaced with the fuel filter.
2. Release pressure from fuel system by removing the fuel pump relay and start the engine and let it die. Crank the engine a couple times after it dies to relieve more of the fuel pressure
3. Disconnect negative battery cable
4. Raise and support vehicle
5. Support fuel tank with transmission jack or floor jack with large plywood board to evenly distribute the weight of the fuel tank. NOTE: It is important to distribute weight evenly to prevent damage to the fuel pump module.
6. Disconnect ground strap from fuel tank
7. Remove inboard fuel tank straps and front "T" strap fastener
8. Lower the fuel tank approximately 6 inches to access the fuel filter assembly.
9. Disconnect the fuel lines at the fuel supply connector and the fuel pump module
10. Remove the retaining bolt and remove filter assembly from vehicle.
11. Reverse removal procedure to install (Don't forget to put the fuel pump relay back )
Apr 02, 2011 | 2002 Dodge Caravan
Jun 13, 2010 | 1994 GMC Jimmy
Jun 04, 2010 | 1994 Chevrolet S-10 Blazer
305 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: