Re: how do u change the fuel pump in a 1998 pontiac...
1. Drain as much gas out of the tank as you can.
2. Remove fuel tank.
3. Remove fuel lines attached to tank. Mark them so you get them back on in the right spot.
4. Remove pump and sending unit from tank and replace with new. Replace in tank filter while you are at it.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
This is Caused by the Fuel Pump. If you remove the Fuel Pump relay and it will try to Crank, You have a Bad Fuel Pump. I do Believe that the Fuel Pump is located inside the Fuel Tank on the Sunfire. Not an easy Repair But, Necessary
Dear Oilzum, The fuel filter on most cars of that era are back by the fuel tank(where supply line comes out of tank), and usually on the inside of the frame. Find the fuel line from the tank towards the engine and you will find the fuel filter. Most are around 6 inches long and 3 inches around. Call me back if you need more help. quicbric(volvo man)