Question about 2007 Chevrolet HHR Special Edition
How do you replace the air filter on 2007 hhr
The headlight assembly is accessed from
inside the fender well. There are two pop out plastic rivets and a
small (4mm? head) body screw that secure the fender liner to the
fender. Those need to be removed. Pull the fender liner back enough
to work your arm into the fender. Locate the wiring
to the headlight and grasp the plug. Rotate it to the left until the
bulb is free of the reflector. Pull the lamp and wiring out from
behind the fender liner. Remove the bad bulb. There is a release tab
on the plug. Insert the new bulb into the plug. DO NOT touch the bulb
glass. The oil from your skin can cause the bulb to explode when it
gets hot. Hold the plug and work the bulb and wiring back to the
original position. It is a little easier to look through the
headlight lens as you work the bulb back into the reflector. Turn the
plug to the right until it is properly seated. Replace the two pop
out rivets and the body screw.
You should replace the headlights in pairs. I didn't and the right bulb went out in a couple more weeks when the weather was much worse. The right bulb was more of a pain to replace than the left, probably because I am right handed.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Mar 03, 2009
SOURCE: air filter on chevy hhr
The air filter is in the large plastic cover that covers the engine.
1. Remove MAP sensor connector ( slightly hidden under the front center edge of the housing. Wiggle slightly and pull straight out).
2, Loosen (but don't remove) the large hose clamps on the passenger side and center of the housing, It's a tight fit for the hands on the passenger side and the head of the clamp is facing away from you. The front center hose is stiff, but pliable, so take your time.
3. The air filter housing was designed as a snap in with rubber grommets. A firm steady pull with the front passenger side will show you how much effort it will take to pull it free. Do each of the remaining two separately. The housing will be free to remove from the vehicle.
4. On a clear area, turn the housing over and loosen the seven torx type screws (they will not come completely off, so as not to lose them). Pull the cover off. Remove the old filter and replace with your new one. Align the cover and snug the screws back in.
5. Reassembly requires lining up those rubber grommets to the mounting studs.... take your time.... all that is needed is a firm downward push to seat them.
6. Reattach the large hose clamps and remember to plug in the MAP sensor (you'll get an "check engine" light if you forget.
Hope this helps.
Posted on Nov 22, 2008
Hw to change air filte rin 2007 Honda Odyssey
The problem with other web instructions is little guidance on how exactly to remove the glove box. First, the little cover over the control am needs to be pulled off (down towards you). Either fingers or a screwdriver.
Next, trickiest part is removing the retaining tabs. See instructions here: http://techinfo.honda.com/rjanisis/pubs/AI/AII38194.pdf
Basicaly, there is no way to ge behind the glove box to compress the release tabs. So insert a scredrver into the plastic tab cover from the insider of the glove box and just pull towards you until it pops out. When reinserting just place back (with the retainer cylinders poking back through the opening from inside the glove box) and press back in until it snaps.
On the 07 Ody, once you ave the control arm released and the two retaining tabs removed, the glove box should fold down completely. Then just press towards each other the two black end tabls holding the ac filter compartment door. Took me 30 min to figure out, hopefully with this should take you 5 ...
Posted on Jul 09, 2010
SOURCE: I was replacing an air
The EGR valve is not likely to cause the issue you describe. The EGR is an exhaust gas recirculation valve. Because of the heat of the exhaust gasses involved, if oil were to get into the EGR passage, it would harden and turn ot carbon deposits. Your most likely candidate is the PCV valve, generally located on the valve cover.
Posted on Aug 09, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jan 01, 2016 | 2007 Chevrolet Chevrolet HHR LT
Sep 03, 2015 | 2007 Chevrolet Chevrolet HHR LT
Apr 15, 2012 | Chevrolet HHR Cars & Trucks
Oct 18, 2009 | 2007 Chevrolet HHR Panel LT New Cars
Jun 26, 2009 | 2007 Chevrolet HHR Special Edition
Feb 03, 2009 | 2007 Chevrolet HHR Special Edition
Jan 07, 2009 | 2007 Chevrolet HHR Special Edition
Oct 30, 2008 | 2007 Chevrolet HHR Special Edition
Sep 07, 2008 | 2007 Chevrolet HHR Special Edition
327 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: