I have an 2004 Audi TT. I recently got in back from being serviced and the stereo is on safe mode. How do I get it to where I can enter the unlock code? I even disconnected the battery, to no avail.
I've removed the battery from my 2000 Audi TT, and now my radio is locked, my I've lost the code and the dealer charges $135!!! can anyone tell me how can I obtain the code. I have the serial number from the radio.
Any help will be greatly appreciated!
Serial # AUZ5Z6X0146436
If you don't want to spend the 135, find out the name of the dealer who origonally sold the car when new. They should have the code on file form the pre inspection that they did. It is a myth that there is a code inside the trunk or on the radio, so don't waste your time looking.
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You must have the security anti-theft code for your Audi radio from the car manufacturer, or from an Audi dealer! The sequence of programming for Audi radio is: 1. Push simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys until on the screen will appear "1000" displayed. 2. Release keys. No more push on "SCAN" and "RDS" keys because otherwise number "1000" will be considered as first safe code attempt. 3. By the #1 key you will set up the first safe code digit. 4. By the #2 key you will set up the second safe code digit. 5. By the #3 key you will set up the third safe code digit. 6. By the #4 key you will set up the four-th safe code digit. 7. Then push again simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys for confirm this safe code. On the screen will be displayed "SAFE" notice. Release keys! For few seconds a radio frequence will be displayed. The radio is now ready for use!
The radio is in safe mode and requires the security code to reactivate it. First check through your service documentation for a credit card sized card that Audi print the code on.
If this is missing the only other way to retrieve the code is
1) Remove the stereo from the dash and retrieve the serial number stamped on the back of the stereo.
2) Contact your Audi dealer with both the serial number and the chassis (VIN no) of your car. You will find the VIN no on your registration document.
3) If you do it this way and have retrieved both of these numbers yourself your Audi dealer will run the numbers and give you the code free of charge.
Hint: Some dealers will attempt to charge for this service but they are not authorized to so. On the original safe code card from Audi it specifically states that if you lose the code your Audi dealer will supply this free of charge. Please ensure to quote this information to the dealer if they attempt to make any service charge.
Hope this helps. Please do rate my answer and thanks for using FixYa.
you will find step by step instructions in your booklet. you will have to reenter the code through your car stereo. if you don't have it, there is no way around than going to a audi dealer, they can look it up via VIN number. it's about 75 bucks.
Turn on the radio. The word "SAFE" appears on the display.
* Press the FM2 and RDS buttons simultaneously and hold them down until "1000" lights up in the display. Release buttons. Do not, under any circumstances, continue holding them down or press them once again. This would cause the radio to consider the number "1000" to be the input code number.
Use stations buttons 1 - 4 to enter the code number on your Radio Card.( THE RADIO CODE SHOULD BE WITH THE OWNERS MANUAL-??) Use button 1 to enter the first digit of the code number, button 2 to enter the second digit, and so on. Station buttons 5 and 6 cannot be used.
* Once the code is shown in the display, press the FM2 and RDS buttons again simultaneously and hold them down until the word "SAFE" appears on the display. Soon afterwards, a frequency will be displayed.
(If you do not have the "Radio Code", the Audi dealer, or someone, will have to pull the radio out to get the serial number off of the back.)
turn the switch on all the way without starting the car.
leave it like that for a couple of hours and the it will unlock itself.
that's the " only " way. unless you drive somewhere for a couple of hours