Question about 1997 Ford F150 Regular Cab

1 Answer

Pcv vavle where is the pcv valve located on a F-350?

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 2:

    An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points


    An expert that got 5 achievements.


    An expert that has over 500 points.


    An expert whose answer got voted for 20 times.

  • Expert
  • 195 Answers

The valve should be in the valve cover on the V-8. There will be a vacuum line about 1/2" ID from the intake manifold to the valve cover.
Hope this helps, rate me high.
RPM Northwest

Posted on Feb 02, 2009


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

Can pcv valve cause low idle whwn the car is put in drive?

A possible vacumm leak, cracked hose or gromet that the pcv vavle is installed into could cause idle issue. check the link below and press the helpful button.
How Does PCV System Work Also Testing and Inspection of the PCV Valve

Jan 18, 2016 | Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Besides taking it to a real mechanic, what's the best way to get to and replace a pcv valve on a '98 Ranger 4 cyl engine?

pcv valve is a simple swap - is located on the top of valve cover towards rear- and under the air intake- you can buy a HAYES manual at a parts store- it will show how to replace the pcv vavle- book about $20,pcv $4-8 .

Jun 20, 2011 | 1998 Ford Ranger SuperCab

1 Answer

Dodge intrepid 2000 2.7l V6 On the left valve cover there is a pcv and if I removed it I can see part of the engine through the hole. that pcv got damaged and I can't find the part in the auto...

yeah ,what you are seeing is what is the rocker assembly. as far as the pcv vavle (positive crankcase ventilation) curved or straigth doesn't make a difference

Nov 06, 2010 | 2005 Ford Taurus

1 Answer

Where is my pcv (I think that's the name) vavle located?


Jan 18, 2010 | 2001 Chevrolet Silverado

2 Answers

Where is pcv vavle located on 1983 nissan pickup 2.4l engine?

PCV valve is located on the valve cover or on the oil breather line, you shouldn't be able to miss it.I hope I could help!!!

Dec 24, 2009 | 1983 Nissan Pickup

3 Answers

PCV valve for 2004 Hona CRV

PCV Valve Operation: 0900823d80049deb.jpgA vacuum-controlled metering device that regulates the flow of crankcase fumes in the positive crankcase ventilation system by allowing more flow at high speed than at low speed, and acts as a system shutoff in case of engine backfire to prevent an explosion in the crankcase.
Depending on your engine size, the PCV is a different style and slightly different location.

Usually they are mounted in a hole on your valve cover.... connected by a vacuum tube.
Some are mounted with threads into the engine block (usually by the oil filter)

On the '04 Crv - it is nearly inaccessible behind the AC compressor and beneath what looks like an old vacuum advance. Most PCV valves today do not need to be replaced, unless there is actual valve failure, which I have not seen happen. I would not be concerned about replacing it.

Thanks for using FixYa - a FixYa rating is appreciated!!

Feb 21, 2009 | 2004 Honda CR-V

1 Answer

Where is the PCV Valve Located ???

okay i'm not 100% sure but it should be on top of the vavle cover or near the intake

Jan 19, 2009 | 2003 Ford Ranger Regular Cab

3 Answers

Pcv valve

This is a ***** trust me I done it, I have the same car. Don't unless the valve has stoped working even if it has its not a big deal its just an emissions control device. you need a black rubber grommit, the pcv vavle and a new piece of small black hose with small metal clamp. If you go to a dealership they have special pices you can buy to make it easier. When doing this the grommit and hose might as well be replaced also they are small and inexpensive parts readiley available, just dont drop the old or new peices or push the old grommit into to itake maifold like I did. Peace

Sep 16, 2008 | 1989 Oldsmobile Delta 88

Not finding what you are looking for?
1997 Ford F150 Regular Cab Logo

Related Topics:

140 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Ford Experts


Level 3 Expert

77499 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22306 Answers


Level 3 Expert

5626 Answers

Are you a Ford Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides