How do I replace a water pump on a 1994 buick park ave
1. Support the vehicle on jack stands.
2. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
3. Drain the cooling system.
4. Remove water pump drive belt.
5. Disconnect the coolant hoses at the water pump.
6. Remove the water pump pulley bolts (long bolt removed through the access hole provided in
the body side rail), then remove the pulley.
7. Remove the torque axis mount. See TORQUE AXIS ENGINE MOUNT .
8. Remove the water pump attaching bolts and pump.
9. Clean all gasket mating surfaces.
1. Using a new gasket, install the water pump on the engine. Tighten the bolts to
specifications. See TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS .
2. Install the torque axis mount. See TORQUE AXIS ENGINE MOUNT .
3. Install the water pump pulley, then tighten the bolts to specifications. See TORQUE
4. Connect the coolant hoses onto the pump.
5. Install the water pump drive belt.
6. Fill the cooling system.
7. Add coolant supplement tablets.
8. Connect the battery cable, then start the engine.
9. Inspect for coolant leaks.
Jan 13, 2010 |
1994 Buick Park Avenue