Wipers wont work
1. Turn on your wipers and pop your hood.
2. If you hear you wiper motor, then you do not need to check your fuses.
3. If your wiper arms are moving freely, then your linkage from the wiper arms to the motor is disconnected and possibly broken.
4. If the problem is electrical, do the following:
1. Check the fuse, and check for power at the fuse.
2. Check the wiper motor for ground. For a complete circuit, you need power going in and ground coming out. Check electrical connections for corrosion or poor connections.
3. Get a wiring schematic and trace power to the wiper motor starting at the fuse box in the following order:
4. In the rarest of cases a wiper motor or wiper switch is at fault. I do not recommend replacing anything unless you have proof that the part is faulty. (ie. power going into the switch but nothing coming out.)
Dec 21, 2008 |
1992 Honda Accord