is the lock assembly in the car or out?
there are 2 jobs here, removing the assembly
and after that, attacking the lock it self.???????
any lock smith can rebuild the lock, proper
it has pins that are pressed out.
it can even be rekeyed.
the remove assembly is covered in the FSM, no books?
alldata.com covers that.
it really is an Isuzu. impulse.
my guess is its job 1, assembly out.
so toss coin lands on job1
(on most cars, steering wheel must be removed)
once that is done, its obvious from there, right? that clamp there with the antitamper screws? then must be removed. and replaced new..
a rare car , and even more one that runs....
here is the online FSM answer
- Remove the negative battery cable.
- Remove the steering wheel.
- Remove the combination switch assembly.
- Turn the key to the OFFposition, depress the retaining pin and remove the ignition lock cylinder from the switch.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from the ignition switch.
- Remove the snapring and spacer collar from the steering shaft.
- Disconnect the back drive cable from the ignition switch.
- Remove the ignition switch bolts and the ignition switch from the steering column.
now back in?
- Install the ignition switch to the steering column and tighten the bolts.
- Connect the back drive cable to the ignition switch.
- Install the spacer collar and the snapring to the steering shaft.
- Connect the electrical connector to the ignition switch.
- Install the lock cylinder into the switch.
- Install the turn signal switch screws and the turn signal switch.
- Install the four screws and the coil assembly to the turn signal switch.
- Connect the coil assembly wiring harness to the turn signal switch.
- Install the two piece steering column cover and the two piece steering column cover screws.
- Raise the steering column and install the upper steering column mounting bolts. Tighten the bolts to 18 ft. lbs. (24 Nm).
- Install the left lower dash trim panel and tighten the lower dash trim panel screws.
- Install the lap air deflector and tighten the lap air deflector screws.
- Install the knee pad assembly and tighten the five screws, the bolt and the nut attaching the assembly.
- Install the engine hood opener cable.
- Install the engine hood opener and tighten the two screws.
- Connect the electrical connector to the cigar lighter bezel and install the bezel.
- Connect the electrical connector to the left switch bezel and install the bezel.
- Install the steering wheel.
- Connect the negative battery terminal to the battery.