- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
google images "2012 Ford Escape power outlet fuse"
Which revealed a few pictures which refer to:
http://www.paulstravelpictures.com/Ford-Escape-Electrical-Fuse-Replacement-Guide/ hope this helps, and I learned something new so thanks for being persistent. hope this helps.
first un plug the lighter use a test light ground 1 end and see if thare is power ive seen alot of the lighters be bad for what ever the reason if you have power to the wire with the key on its the lighter if not the best thing to do is put in a new wire to the fuse box that comes on with the key thare are always extras in the fuse box
You mean there seems to be no power to the vehicle's lighter unit outlet.
This lighter unit outlet is normally wired through its own fuse so check the fuse panel in the car for a blown fuse. If blown it must be replaced with a fuse of the correct amperage. The owner's manual will show you where the fuse is located.
Before you check the fuse just check the cigarette lighter outlet with another plug-in device if you have one such as a portable 12 volt tire compressor or a 12 volt plug-in auxiliary light. It could be that if you are using a charger from the outlet, the charger plug or wiring may be faulty rather than the car's power outlet itself. (These outlets don't usually give trouble unless the wiring has been messed with or the outlet itself has been damaged or abused).
If no device works from the lighter power outlet check the fuse as it may be blown.
I assume the rad. fan. on the rad or thermostat housing there will be the thermo switch, a large brass "nut" with 2 wires on it. pull the wires off and connect together, turn ignition on and the fan should cut in. if it does, the switch is faulty, just unscrew and replace. if the fan doesn't cut in then the fault could be the fuse,relay or a break in the wire. check the fuse( I am not familiar with U.S. cars).