Question about 1992 Honda Accord
I can`t figure out how to remove the cruze control pod on the side of the steering wheel so i can get to the mounting bolt holding the air bag in so i can replace it,help!!
When an SRS cable reel assembly is removed and set aside during vehicle repairs, the cable reel may rotate inside the assembly so it is no longer centered. If the assembly is reinstalled with the reel off-center, the cable can break when the steering wheel is turned to full lock. The cable reel holding fixture locks the reel while the assembly is off the vehicle, keeping it centered for reinstallation.
CABLE REEL REMOVAL PROCEDURE
1. Follow the procedure in the appropriate service manual for disconnecting the battery, and removing the dashboard panels, steering column covers, airbag, and steering wheel.
^ Always install short connectors on the connectors for the driver's and passenger's (if so equipped) airbags.
^ Make sure the front wheels are pointed straight ahead before removing the steering wheel.
2. Verify that the cable reel is centered; the yellow gear tooth is lined up with the alignment mark on the cover. Install the cable reel holding fixture in the cable reel assembly as shown. Use a TORX T-10 wrench.
3. Disconnect the 6-P connector, then remove the cable reel assembly.
CABLE REEL INSTALLATION PROCEDURE
1. Verify that the front wheels are still pointed straight ahead.
2. Reinstall the cable reel assembly, and reconnect the 6-P connector.
3. Remove the cable reel holding fixture.
4. Follow the service manual procedure for reinstallation of the steering wheel, airbag, steering column covers, and dashboard covers.
5. Verify SRS operation as described in the service manual. Road test the vehicle.
^ If the steering wheel spoke angle is not correct, change it by adjusting the tie rod ends. Do not remove and reposition the steering wheel.
Cable reel holding fixture:
For 1992-95 Civic and Ohio-produced 1992-95 Accord
P/N 77900-SPO-999, H/C 4733564
For 1991 Accord Wagon, 1992-95
Prelude, 1995 Odyssey and Japan-produced
P/N 77900-SM5-999, H/C 4733572
WARRANTY CLAIM INFORMATION
Use the Flat Rate Manual information for the repair being performed.
Posted on Jan 29, 2009
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 18, 2015 | 2004 Honda Accord
on Nov 22, 2008 | 1999 Honda Accord
May 20, 2012 | 1992 Oldsmobile Eighty Eight
Nov 17, 2011 | Cars & Trucks
When the airbag light (SRS) is on or blinks it means a fault has occurred in the system and the airbag diagnostic monitor has disabled the system, the most common problem that turns the light on is a break in the connection to the steering wheel mounted airbag, this is due to a rotating ribbon contact that breaks under the steering wheel that connects the airbag to the wiring harness and the diagnostic monitor, the part is called the clock spring contact, a coiled up ribbon electrical contact that turns with the steering wheel while maintaining a mechanical connection to the airbag mounted on the steering wheel, to replace this part you must disarm the airbag system and remove the steering wheel, this requires a special steering wheel puller tool and that you disarm the airbag system before you start the work, to do this disconnect the battery negative cable for 1/2 hour prior.
May 03, 2011 | 2004 Honda Accord
Apr 01, 2010 | 2004 Honda Accord
Feb 05, 2010 | 1996 Honda Accord
May 05, 2009 | 2003 Honda Accord
Dec 26, 2008 | 1992 Honda Accord
Aug 16, 2008 | 1992 Honda Accord
816 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!