Question about 2008 Chrysler Aspen
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The rear door lock was broken inside, because not even the latch will not open it. This is the root cause of the problem. You need to remove the rear door trim panel with door closed. This is the most difficult operation.
Start by folding the rear chair near to the rear door involved, or remove it if you want.
Then you will proceed to rear door trim panel removal:
1. Lower door glass.
2. Open remote handle trim plug and remove screw from inside arm rest pull cup.
3. Open remote handle trim plug and remove screw from behind inside remote handle (REMOTE HANDLE ATTACHING SCREW).
4. Disengage push-in fasteners attaching trim to door panel around perimeter of trim panel (DOOR TRIM PANEL).
5. Tilt trim panel outward to clear locator pins on backside of trim panel.
6. Disconnect trim panel from retainer channel in inner belt weatherstrip at top of door by lifting while gently jiggling .
7. Move trim panel away from door and disengage actuator cables attaching inside remote handle (DISCONNECT REAR DOOR TRIM PANEL) and (REAR DOOR TRIM PANEL MECHANICAL CONNECTIONS).
8. Disconnect wire connectors to switches.
CAUTION: Do not allow door trim panel to hang by the wire connector or wiring.
9. Disconnect wire connector from power door lock switch, mirror switch, and power window switch if so equipped.
10. Remove trim panel from door.
After rear door trim panel removal, you will be able to access the door lock and open it from inside of the car. Then replace or repair the door lock, and refit all in reverse order with rear door open this time.
Posted on Oct 24, 2010
sounds like maybe the motor,wiring or a belt if it belt driven, some are and some are all mechaincal' also first thing is to check linkage on lock on that gate. hope this helps.
Posted on Oct 12, 2009
SOURCE: Tail gate will not open
Hello and welcome to FixYa!
If it clicks then she's still ok. The lock may have been stuck that's why it won't open. As a first course of action, I strongly suggest that you spray WD40 on the mechanism. This will loosen the lock and will resolve the problem.
Hope this helps and thank you for using FixYa! Have a good one!
Posted on Apr 28, 2011
I have run into this problem and i found that the switch that operates alarm and inside light is bad, the switch is located on the latch, the latch may need to be removed to replace the switch. some dealers do not sell just the switch, i have run into this problem where switch is not replaceable the complete latch needs to be replaced.
Another problem i have run into is the wiring going into the hatch breaks, the wiring from bendine due to door opening and closing breaks a wire or two due to bending , locate wiring coming into rear hatch and check each wire,
Posted on Sep 03, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 06, 2015 | 2005 Hyundai Getz 1.3
Dec 18, 2014 | 2008 Nissan Quest
Sep 28, 2014 | 2008 Chevrolet Equinox
Feb 03, 2014 | 2008 Chrysler Aspen
Jun 28, 2012 | 2008 Chrysler Aspen
Oct 12, 2009 | 2008 Chrysler Aspen
Oct 09, 2009 | 2008 Ford F 250 Super Duty 4WD
Feb 03, 2009 | 2008 Honda Ridgeline
18 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!