Question about Cars & Trucks
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Click on the following free direct Link. It has the Timing: Belt and Mark Diagrams for your 1998 Toyota Camry. Plus additional Instructional and Directional Diagrams.
Let me know if this helped, or if you have additional information or questions. Feel Free to contact me at FixYa.com!
Posted on Mar 30, 2010
!!! Check first if engine valves are not bended !!!
The timing chain diagram & procedures for 2000 Toyota Corrola 1.8 engine:
1. Crankshaft pulley holder - Tool No. 09213-70010/11.
2. Crankshaft pulley puller - Tool No. 09950-50012.
1. Disconnect battery earth lead.
2. Remove spark plugs to ease turning engine.
3. Turn engine in normal direction of rotation.
4. Observe tightening torques in pictures below.
5. Do NOT turn crankshaft via camshaft or other sprockets.
6. Do NOT turn crankshaft or camshaft with timing chain removed.
7. Mark position of crankshaft position (CKP) sensor before removal.
Valve timing procedures:
1. Ensure crankshaft pulley and timing chain cover TDC marks aligned .
2. Ensure teeth timing mark on each camshaft sprocket aligned.
3. 1ZZ-FE/3ZZ-FE/4ZZ-FE .
4. 2ZZ-GE  OR .
5. If not, turn crankshaft pulley 360 degrees.
6. Remove chain tensioner, tensioner rail and chain guide.
7. Check chain for wear.
Posted on Jan 22, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 05, 2017 | 1994 Toyota Corolla
Nov 13, 2016 | 1997 Toyota Corolla
Apr 06, 2011 | 1996 Toyota Corolla
Feb 16, 2010 | 1998 Toyota Corolla
Sep 20, 2009 | 1993 Toyota Corolla
Sep 04, 2009 | 1994 Toyota Corolla
May 05, 2009 | 2001 Toyota Corolla
70 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!