Question about 1998 GMC Jimmy
How you doig iam having some car trouble and was woundering if you could tell me how to change the front hub on a 98 gmc jimmy 4x4. it would be a huge help. you can e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org thanks
1. Put the vehicle in gear, apply the parking brake and break loose the driveaxle/hub nut with a socket and large breaker bar.
2. Loosen the wheel lug nuts, raise the vehicle and support is securely on lackstands. Remove the wheel. Remove the driveaxle/hub nut.
3. Unbolt the brake caliper and hang it out of the way with wire. Remove the brake disc.
4. On models with four wheel ABS, trace the electrical lead for the wheel speed sensor along the upper control arm, then forward along the frame rail and unplug the electrical connector.
5. Remove the hub assembly-to-steering knuckle bolts. Remove the brake disc shield and wheel speed sensor assembly and set aside.
6. Tap the hub assembly from side-to-side to break it loose from the steering knuckle. Pull the hub assembly off the end of the driveaxle. Wrap the end of the driveaxle with a rag to prevent damaging it. If the hub is stuck on the splines on the end of the driveaxle, use a puller to free it.
7. Installation is reverse of removal process. Be sure to lubricate the driveaxle splines with multi-purpose grease, and tighten all of the fasteners to the proper torque.
Posted on Feb 21, 2009
Last year I did replaced a hub for my 1994 Isuzu Rodeo and it's a bit complicated than I thought, my advise is get your self a service manual for your truck and it will show you the disassembly and assebly process. Its goo to have it by you side when you start the job.
Posted on Feb 07, 2009
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 19, 2015 | GMC Cars & Trucks
Jun 15, 2010 | 1998 GMC Jimmy
Feb 15, 2010 | GMC Jimmy Cars & Trucks
Jun 25, 2009 | 1998 GMC Jimmy
Apr 05, 2009 | 1998 GMC Jimmy
Apr 02, 2009 | 2000 GMC Jimmy
Jan 28, 2009 | 1986 GMC Jimmy
690 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!