Question about 2008 Chevrolet Malibu
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Well first you can please follow the below steps -
1. Make sure the ignition key is in the off position and the headlight switch is off. Release the hood latch.
2. Open the hood and locate the top of the headlight assembly where you intend to change the headlight. If a plastic shroud is present, locate the center bolt and remove it with a ratchet and a socket. Lift the shroud out of the way to access the headlight assembly retaining brackets. Some later models may feature a snap-release shroud requiring no tools to remove.
3. Locate the brackets on the top rear of each side of the headlight assembly. Lift them all the way up to align the hole on the bottom of each bracket to the retaining tabs on the assembly.
4. Pull the assembly forward away from the Malibu, but be careful not to scratch the bumper. There are three guide pins that require unseating. The guide pins are what aim the headlights and it may take some wiggling to get the pins from their seats.
5. Support the assembly with one hand and then reach behind the unit with the other. The low beam bulb is on the outside, the high beam bulb is on the inside. You can also replace the parking light if desired. Locate the wire harness connection. Un-clip the wire harness from the back of the bulb socket. Remove the bulb by turning it counterclockwise 1/3 of a turn to align the release tabs of the ring and the assembly. Wiggle the bulb out of the assembly.
6. Place the latex gloves on your hands before opening the package of the replacement bulb. Oil in our skin can damage the glass bulbs of halogen headlights.
7. Carefully insert the new bulb into the ring and then align the tabs of the ring to the tabs of the headlight assembly. Push inward and then twist clockwise 1/3 of a turn to lock the bulb in place. Reattach the wire harness. Rest the headlight assembly inside its cavity and test the operation of the headlight before securing the headlight assembly in place. Be sure to turn the lights and ignition back off.
8. Align the three guide pins to their seats and push the assembly back into them gently until they snap into place. Replace the retaining brackets by pushing them downward to lock into place. Replace shroud, if applicable. Remove the tools and old bulb and close the hood. Post comments for further help or information......
Posted on Mar 27, 2010
Engine is running rich--may be the cause of the misfire code as well. Couple things to try. First, clean the MAF sensor by spraying with electrical parts cleaner. Also, try adding some injector cleaner to the tank.
Posted on Oct 13, 2011
There is a problem in the shift linkage or internally in the transmission.
Needs further diagnostics.
Posted on Jul 27, 2012
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 01, 2016 | 2005 Chevrolet Malibu
Aug 22, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Jul 16, 2014 | 2008 Chevrolet Chevrolet Malibu Classic LS
Mar 27, 2013 | Volvo Cars & Trucks
Feb 12, 2013 | Chevrolet Cars & Trucks
Aug 13, 2012 | 2008 Chevrolet Malibu
Aug 01, 2012 | Chevrolet HHR Cars & Trucks
Mar 09, 2010 | 2008 Chevrolet Malibu
Mar 30, 2009 | 2008 Chevrolet Malibu
194 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!