Question about 2002 Volkswagen Golf
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US.
click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: key fob will not undo
If you don't have one that works for the vehicle now, you'll have to take it to your local dealer to have it programmed to the vehicle. Some will charge for this, some will do it at no charge.
If you do have a remote that is programmed and working for the vehicle, then the following steps will allow you to program another remote:
1. Enter vehicle and close all doors.
2. Put seatbelt on (or clip it into the buckle) to shut the warning buzzer off.
3. Put key in ignition, turn to run position but don't start it.
4. Press and hold the unlock button on the working key fob and hold for 4 seconds, then also press the panic button.
5. Release both buttons and you should hear a single chime to indicate it is in program mode. You have 30 seconds after the chime to program any additional remotes you want to program.
6. Press and release both the unlock and lock buttons simultaneously on the remote you are programming. You should hear another single chime.
7. Within 4 seconds after hearing the chime, press either lock or unlock button on remote that you are programming.
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
Hi, this is a common issue within car CD changers. the load motor go through lots of trauma during the life span that i usually 3 to 5 years. the load motor operates everything in the changer. it works the load tray and spinning of the disc as well. when this motor is out, the changer will be rendered useless. replacing the load motor will fix this issue or, you can just purchase a new changer and save a lot of money.
Posted on May 21, 2009
Try reprogramming it.
1. Turn the ignition from OFF to RUN 4 times within 6 seconds.
2. Turn the ignition OFF. The system will chime to confirm programming mode.
3. Within 20 seconds, press any button on first keyless remote.
The system will chime once to confirm programming.
4. Within 20 seconds, press any button on second keyless remote.
System will chime once to confirm programming.
5. Turn ignition to RUN to exit programming mode.
Posted on May 28, 2009
Was it working before and it just stoped working? Either its not programed to the vehicle or the unlock button is bad. the buttons do wear out over time.
Posted on Aug 27, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 12, 2012 | 2000 Nissan Maxima
Oct 31, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 22, 2011 | 1996 Nissan Maxima
Feb 13, 2010 | 2004 Nissan Maxima
Jan 02, 2010 | 1997 Nissan Sentra
Feb 25, 2009 | 1996 Nissan Maxima
Oct 02, 2008 | 2001 Nissan Maxima
Aug 21, 2008 | 2003 Nissan Maxima
549 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: