Question about Cars & Trucks
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: unlock radio code
GETTING THE RADIO SERIAL NUMBER: <BR>
2000 - Carefully take the front panel off that surrounds the radio and temperature buttons, it will snap straight out. Wiggle the radio out about two inches, it is a tight fit. Get the serial number off the radio. It is on a sticker on the top, left side. Call a Mitsubishi dealer with the serial number. They will want proof of ownership, so have the title ready. After putting in the four digit serial number, hit the cd button and that enters it.The code is also written on an antitheft card that comes with the car and may be written in the owners manual in one of the back pages.
<BR> 1999 - Carefully remove the cup holder by pulling it out, then you will see the sticker with the radio serial number.
<BR> Other Years - I don't know an easy way to get the radio serial number, find a radio install savy person and ask them to help you. My dealership said they would do it for me and charge me for 30-60 mins worth of labor.. (At $75/hour) <BR> <BR>
RADIO SAYS "OFF" OR "LOCK": <BR>
Leave the "off" display on for 1 hour uninterupted, then it will automatically reset back to UNLOCK CODE.
<BR> When you turn it back on again after that time has passed it will ask for "code". <BR> <BR>
RADIO SAYS "UNLOCK CODE:" <BR>
Call your local MItsubishi dealership and ask for the service department.
<BR>They have a computer program where they punch in the serial number from your radio (you have to supply the number) and it will tell them the UNLOCK CODE for your radio. My dealership offered to give it to me free over the phone, if I knew my radio serial number. Enter the code using the buttons on your radio. And write the code down, this will show up everytime your radio looses connection to its power source - the car battery.
Posted on Mar 25, 2009
*** Please click the "Was this helpful" Yes thumbs up! ***
FREE and EASY methods to get your Honda radio UNLOCK CODE. (Dealerships usually charge)
Assuming you don't have the Anti-Theft Code and Serial Number that is found on the credit card sized Anti-Theft Radio Identification Card that comes with the vehicle at the time of purchase and is usually found in the glove compartment....
You have FREE options to retrieve that code by phone or on the internet BUT, the RADIO SERIAL NUMBER is REQUIRED (no matter what). (see bottom about removing ERROR E3)
***IF your Honda was made BEFORE 2001 the serial number MAY not be accessible without removing the radio from the vehicle.***
* TO GET THE SERIAL NUMBER (so that you can get the unlock code)
1. Get something to write with and on (you'll need it to write down the serial number)
2. Put the ingnition key in and turn it until your able to turn your radio on (accessories position).
3. Then turn your radio OFF by it's knob/button (but leave the ingition key in place).
4. Hold down the preset buttons 1 and 6 at the same time.
5. Turn the radio on while pressing down both the 1 and 6 buttons.(***IF your Honda doesn't have preset buttons on the radio then hold down the top part of the 'Seek/Skip' button AND the top part of the 'Change Disk' button instead.*** )
6. Write down the 4 numbers you see first and then 4 more that display. These eight numbers are the SERIAL NUMBER. This is NOT your CODE.
7. Make sure your VIN (Vehicle Identification Number) is handy to get the unlock code. (can be found on your insurance card, driver's side door jam, small plate on dashboard by registration and inspection stickers, etc)
* TO GET THE UNLOCK CODE (using the radio Serial Number and VIN)
1. Go to https://radio-navicode.honda.com/ (YES, it's run BY HONDA and IT'S FREE)
2. Follow on screen instructions (Serial Number and VIN required)
3. Type in the 5 digit code into your radio. This will unlock the radio and return it to a functional state.
1. Call American Honda Customer Relations (800) 999-1009
2. When the automated message starts 'Press 3' for 'Radio and Navigation Codes'.
3. Tell the Customer Service Agent you need your radio code. (They will ask for your name, your radio's serial number, VIN, etc)
4. When they give you your radio unlock code--WRITE IT DOWN and KEEP IT SAFE!
5. Type in the 5 digit code into your radio. This will unlock the radio and return it to a functional state.
* REMOVING ERROR E3
****If you entered too many wrong codes and got an ERROR E3 message displaying you'll need to do an additional step for even the correct unlock code to work.****
Disconnect your negative battery terminal (or pull the radio fuse out if that's easier for you) for 30 seconds then reconnect it and then the radio will say "CODE" again and you can put in your correct unlock code.
So what happened to begin with?
See also: http://automobiles.honda.com/information/frequently-asked-questions.aspx?Question=2
If the power from your battery to the Honda radio is interrupted the Anti-Theft feature kicks in, the radio is rendered inoperable and the screen reads 'CODE'. You must enter in the Anti-Theft Radio Unlock Code (usually 5 digits) to make it operational again. You know that much by now.
Posted on Sep 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 23, 2015 | 2001 Jaguar Vanden Plas
Dec 16, 2010 | 2001 Jaguar Vanden Plas
Aug 25, 2010 | 2001 Jaguar Vanden Plas
Jan 15, 2010 | 2001 Jaguar Vanden Plas
Jun 06, 2009 | 1989 Jaguar Vanden Plas
Mar 21, 2009 | 1989 Jaguar Vanden Plas
Aug 11, 2008 | 1995 Jaguar Vanden Plas
37 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: