Question about BMW X3 Series
No, the dme is coded by vin, the car would not start if you tried to program, you could perhaps snag the ews and lcm from the same car you got the dme from. But the. You might have a issue with the new lcm trying to update mileage to the old Komi. A lot less headaches to just order one coded from BMW why do you think it needs a dme?
Posted on Jan 21, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
bmw can reprogram to computer code that is used to start the car, you don't need to change keys, just the computer code. Bmw place can do this...
Posted on May 16, 2009
Try to check the Fuel fump relay, sometimes the contact is burn out and cause of hard starting. it is located at the back of junction box. you have to remove Glovebox to access it.
Posted on Mar 08, 2010
SOURCE: 05 bmw x3 no start
If everything else checks out, I would look at the anti theft system. Your car has a factory installed anti theft system that also includes an ignition kill. I would have the system checked. Check your owners manual, there might be a chapter in it concerning the theft system.
Posted on Aug 15, 2009
1) Get in and close all doors.
2) Turn on the ingition and turn off quickly. (No more than 5 seconds) to start the process. Next action must take place within 30 seconds.
3) Remove the 1st key.
4) Hold the key up near your left shoulder (this is so it is closer to the remote reciever antenna - someone else suggested this).
5) Hold down the unlock button (which is button 1 on my key) and press the lock button 3 times (center button on my key). Release the unlock button and the doors lock which confirms the operation.
6) Quickly repeat steps 4 & 5 for key #2 etc.
If it does not work, try doing the keys in opposite order. Key 2 then key1, vs 1 then 2
Posted on Jan 04, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 25, 2015 | BMW Cars & Trucks
Oct 18, 2014 | BMW 325 Cars & Trucks
Oct 31, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 23, 2012 | 2006 BMW X3 3.0i
Jun 22, 2009 | 2005 BMW 3 Series
Apr 30, 2009 | 1994 BMW 7 Series
Jan 13, 2009 | 2007 BMW X3 3.0si SAV
230 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: