Question about 2003 Ford Focus
I need to change the pcv valve and cannot find it.
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: PCV valve location
if i know what you are asking, look at where you put your oil in. on the valve cover to the top right should be a plug with a tubeing runs to your air clear tube where the air mass sensor and carb is located. i think that is what you are looking for.
Posted on Nov 07, 2008
Posted on Feb 27, 2009
Here's a picture to locate it..
So, when looking at the engine from above, on the right of the exhaust.
Procedure to replace it
1) Lift and support the front end of your car, or drive up on ramps
2) Get under the front of your car. The PCV Valve is located behind the exhaust manifold, a few inches below the valve cover.
3) Push up on the PCV valve to pop it out of the tube, or pull. You can get it out of the rubber tube with some effort.
4) Remove the rubber elbow from the top of the PCV valve. This can be re-used if it's not squishy. It can also be replaced cheaply.
5) Put the elbow on the new PCV Valve
6) Re-attach the elbow to the PCV tube
7) Push the new PCV valve back down into the large rubber tube
Posted on Sep 25, 2009
It is below the egr valve close to the intake manifold below the intake air sensor, there is a tube running to it from the engine to recirculate exhaust air with fresh air, there is a clamp holding it to the air intake that you need pliers to remove, then you need to turn counter-clockwise 90 degrees to remove, do the reverse to install. to make it easier to access remove the upper intake. The pcv valve is not visible, however, you can identify it by the 3" inch long rubber hose that connects to the steel line running into the bottom of the intake. I have the part and am going to replace it soon, although Ford really makes it difficult to remove it -
pcv valve is located just under the throttle body. remove air cleaner assembly from throttle body and you will see a u shaped hose running horizontally.
Posted on Jan 27, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 20, 2014 | 2001 Ford Focus
Jan 20, 2013 | 2003 Ford Focus
Oct 05, 2009 | 2003 Ford Focus
Sep 25, 2009 | 2003 Ford Focus
Aug 29, 2009 | 2003 Ford Focus
Apr 13, 2009 | 2003 Ford Focus
Nov 02, 2008 | 2000 Ford Focus
Oct 05, 2008 | 2001 Ford Focus
122 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: