A few drops of Diet Coke spilled into the CD opening of my car stereo (thanks to that great (and only) cup holder placement and a quick turn. The stereo immediately shut off and will not turn back on. The only thing it will do is accept, with a little pushing, and eject the CD. The cassette player will do nothing, nor the radio. I've tried the steering wheel controls as well. I've also tried disconnecting and reconnecting the battery. The three fuses associated with the stereo look fine as well. Is there any hope for the stereo? Thanks in advance!!
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I assume you mean the one that flips up in the center console?
If so, there are three likely issues.
1) did you slide out the retainer from the upper screw? the top screw had a cover that had to be pried off. you then took the screw out. Lastly you have to slide out the plastic retainer that the screw went into. It slides out towards the opening.
2) you have to have the cup holder partially open to remove it. the hinged part that folds up is stored in the cavity under the console when closed. you have to open the cup holder and keep pushing until the front of the cup holder lip comes up. Work the cup holder up and down until it comes out.
3) the cup holder is stuck in place due to years of spilled liquid. If you've done the above, then you can either spray soapy water on the creases around the opening and let it set, or you can apply strategic brute force.
Be aware through. if this is the center console cup holder just behind the gear shifter. There are two screws and nothing else to hold it in. Just be carefull....
since you or someone spilled soda pop on your shifter you could lift the boot cover and unscrew the boot.to gain access to this area. however this could be a real pain in the !!! what i would try first is to get a solution of hot soapy water and pour it slowwly or repeatedly down the shifter hole to wash out the soda pop. this all goes right out onto the ground.
Do you also have a problems with the check engine light coming on?
There seem to be some common problums with this car.
CAT converter going bad, Yours has two.
O2 sensor going bad, This will not make it not start.
Have you ever spilled a drink near the cup holder?
This is where the circuit board that runs the car is located.
Over all its a great car, but repairs tend to be expensive.
#1 Don't go to Sears for other than general maintenance. You have DEALER related problums.
#2 Don't waste your time with any lawyer, I could easily defend Sears. Was there intent to screw you over? Not for $200. Sears did all they were equipped to do to help you .
Find the drain plug on either of the coolant end tanks on the radiator and open it (If you can't find it you can remove lower hose and it will do the same thing) Close the system back up and begin re-filling, start the engine and turn the heater on full hot and continue filling. Leave engine running and add coolant as needed . When it reaches operating temperature it will often try to first overflow a bit then level will drop as thermostat opens. At that point, re-fill again till full, leave running a few more minutes and then put cap back on. Check over for leaks and re-check level after it cools down and top off as necessary. Never open your system when it is hot.Keep pets away from anything you spilled it can kill them if they drink it.
start looking at the wiring harness in the door frame it sounds like it is broken
failing thet did it get wet recently ?
water inside of switches will film the contacts and all of a suden they dont work
or might it have been pop
the wife spilled diet coke on a keyboard once
took about 40 seconds 1/2 te keys stoped working.
diet coke plus switches epecialy in newer cars doesnt work well unless you dont want em to work ever again