Question about Dodge Durango
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: Code to program my key fob
Here are the program instructions
1. Close the vehicle doors.
2. Turn OFF the ignition.
3. Remove the key from the ignition.
4. Press and hold the driver side door lock switch in the UNLOCK position.
5. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
6. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder and remove the key. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.)
7. Insert the ignition key into the ignition lock cylinder. (Do not turn the ignition key in the lock cylinder.) Leave the ignition key in the ignition lock cylinder.
8. Release the door lock switch. The vehicle will sound three beeps in order to verify the Program Mode has been activated.
9. Press the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons together on the keyless entry transmitter and hold until the vehicle beeps twice to verify that the transmitter has been successfully programmed (this take approximately 15 seconds).
10. Perform the previous step to program up to four transmitters (including your old ones).
11. Remove the ignition key in order to exit the Program Mode
Posted on Dec 04, 2008
It seems that because the diagram for the fuse codes aren't located in the owners manual, it would be a dealer item only. One possible solution is to buy an assortment of fuses.. maybe (15) switch them out 1 by one.
Posted on Mar 26, 2009
SOURCE: 2005 dodge durango key fob
Hello and thank you for choosing fixya.com. I would suggest taking your vehicle to a local auto parts store and request to have a diagnosis done. (while auto stores vary, this is usually a free service and only takes a couple minutes to complete) to see if any codes are brought up. If so, the representative can tell you what the codes mean, and what needs replaced or repaired. Let them know of the situation. Even if no codes show up, ask them to clear the codes. If this does not work, do the following. 1: make sure that the batter in your key fob is inserted correctly, and that it is the correct size and type. 2. Disconnect the + Positive cable on your battery. This will reset your the vehicles computer. Maybe this will allow the vechile to code up with the fob. If not, I would take it to dealership, or backto an auto part store for further assitance.
I thank greatly for choosing fixya.com. I hope this information is useful to you and helps you get your fob working again. Let me know if you need further assistance, or have any questions or comments. Feel free to rate this information at your earliest convenience.
Posted on Apr 01, 2009
SOURCE: reprogram key fob
Here is a quick HowTo on programming your own keyless entry:
1) Turn ignition to OFF.
2) Locate the Data Link Connector, its a black 16 pin connecter that is under the driver's side dash, right where your right knee would be. You have to look up into the dash from below to see it.
3) Ground pin 1 of the Data Link Connector by taking a wire or paper clip and running it from pin 1 to pin 4. Pin 4 is ground so you can just short pin 1 to 4 and it will be grounded. Grounding pin 1 tells the system you are ready to reprogram it.
4) Close all of your doors.
5) Turn the key to ACC then back off. The power door locks will lock/unlock. This is the signal that the system is ready for reprogramming.
6) Push a button on your key fob, doesn't matter which button.
7) If you have 2 key fobs, then press a button on the 2nd fob within 1 minute of pressing a button on the 1st fob. Both must be programmed at the same time. If you only have 1 fob then press a button 2 more times to signal that you only have one.
8) The doors will lock/unlock to signal the codes were received.
9) Remove the jumper wire from the data connector. 10) your done
Posted on May 15, 2009
kzingraff, I have a similar situation to Craig Waldie. I have a 2005 Durango and the CD player has not worked since I replaced the battery. Just like his 2004, the radio works perfectly, just not able to use the CD player. How can this issue be fixed?
Posted on Nov 26, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 24, 2016 | Dodge Cars & Trucks
Aug 09, 2016 | 2004 Dodge Durango
Jan 18, 2016 | 2004 Dodge Durango
Mar 19, 2015 | 1999 Dodge Durango
Apr 17, 2010 | 2004 Dodge Durango
Jan 19, 2010 | 1999 Dodge Durango
Aug 05, 2009 | 2000 Dodge Durango
Jul 10, 2009 | 2004 Dodge Durango
Sep 23, 2017 | 2003 Dodge Neon
38 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: