Question about 1990 Cadillac SeVille
Car starts, idles evenly and drives fine until accelerator is pushed to floor.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
check for a clogged catalytic convertor ( car usually sounds like a vacuum cleaner when you are accelerating )
Posted on Mar 25, 2009
I had a similar problem in my grand prix i did some research and found out a couple different things that it could be... it could either be a bad fuel pump, a bad resitor, or a bad connection in the wires on the fuse box. My problem was solved simply by taking out the fuse box and checking the wire that came from the fuel system. It turned ot that it was just a bad connection.
Posted on Apr 09, 2009
SOURCE: po 307 misfire on #7
just because injector test ok electricly that doesnt mean its working right if the tip is plugged instead of sprayying a fine ignitable mist of gas it just drips out if this happens the gas wont ignite and you get a wet plug. you can switch injectors from one cylinder to anther or you can just replace #7 let me know how you make out with this
Posted on May 29, 2009
You just need to go through a simple Idle Relearn Process.
The Idle Speed Control motor will cause the accelerator pedal to tap and the car will surge back and forth, actually acting like there is a lack of power during intial startup.
Whenever a battery is changed, went dead or the ECM computer is replaced.
In order to make the engine run normal again, you need to take the car through a relearn process. Otherwise the idle could be very slow or have a 30mph idle.
To enable it to relearn, here's what to do.
1) Disconnect the battery cable for 15 minutes, before hooking it back up.
2) (KOEO) Turn the Key On with Engine Off, just so the electronics are on, but without starting the engine and turn the climate control panel to off.
3) Push the off and warmer buttons on the climate control panel at the same time and hold for up to 5 seconds for the computer to go into diagnostics.
On the fuel panel screen it will display 888 then E52 and then 70.
When it gets to 7.0 shut off the key for 1 minute.
4) Repeat step 3, two more times.
5) Start the engine without pushing on the accelerator pedal and let it run for 18 minutes with the climate control panel off.
6) After 18 minutes put your foot on the brake and shift into drive and wait 1 minute.
7) Then turn on the a/c by pushing the auto button. It needs to be warmer than 60 degrees F so the compressor can engage. Wait 1 more minute.
8) Put the shifter back in park and turn the key off.
9) Wait 1 minute
10) Idle relearn is now complete and the engine should start and run correctly.
Posted on Sep 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Sep 08, 2016 | 1995 Subaru Impreza
Mar 07, 2017 | GMC Yukon Denali Cars & Trucks
Mar 23, 2014 | 2001 Honda CR-V
Apr 24, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 21, 2011 | 1999 Oldsmobile Alero
Feb 21, 2011 | 1999 Saturn SL
Feb 19, 2011 | 1991 Chevrolet Suburban
Sep 04, 2009 | 1989 Buick Regal
Mar 15, 2009 | 1994 Chevrolet Cavalier
48 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: