Question about 2009 Chrysler Aspen
I have a 2009 Crysler aspen and there seems to be a strange high pitch ringing noise from under the drivers dash. It sounds like what the old cars used to have like the door ding when you opened the door. However the sound is like a quiet high pitch ringing. I can not locate it.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
The rear door lock was broken inside, because not even the latch will not open it. This is the root cause of the problem. You need to remove the rear door trim panel with door closed. This is the most difficult operation.
Start by folding the rear chair near to the rear door involved, or remove it if you want.
Then you will proceed to rear door trim panel removal:
1. Lower door glass.
2. Open remote handle trim plug and remove screw from inside arm rest pull cup.
3. Open remote handle trim plug and remove screw from behind inside remote handle (REMOTE HANDLE ATTACHING SCREW).
4. Disengage push-in fasteners attaching trim to door panel around perimeter of trim panel (DOOR TRIM PANEL).
5. Tilt trim panel outward to clear locator pins on backside of trim panel.
6. Disconnect trim panel from retainer channel in inner belt weatherstrip at top of door by lifting while gently jiggling .
7. Move trim panel away from door and disengage actuator cables attaching inside remote handle (DISCONNECT REAR DOOR TRIM PANEL) and (REAR DOOR TRIM PANEL MECHANICAL CONNECTIONS).
8. Disconnect wire connectors to switches.
CAUTION: Do not allow door trim panel to hang by the wire connector or wiring.
9. Disconnect wire connector from power door lock switch, mirror switch, and power window switch if so equipped.
10. Remove trim panel from door.
After rear door trim panel removal, you will be able to access the door lock and open it from inside of the car. Then replace or repair the door lock, and refit all in reverse order with rear door open this time.
Posted on Oct 24, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 14, 2016 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 25, 2015 | 1999 Plymouth Breeze
Aug 04, 2014 | 2008 Chrysler Aspen
Nov 30, 2013 | 1996 Dodge Caravan
Mar 13, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Mar 03, 2013 | Chrysler Voyager Cars & Trucks
Oct 06, 2009 | Hyundai Santa Fe Cars & Trucks
Apr 05, 2009 | 2009 Chrysler Town and Country
53 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: