Question about Cars & Trucks
Battery has been disconnected. What does this code mean. How do I clear it?
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
You should have the code printed somewhere in the owners manual, but not always the case. If you don't have the code, you will have to go to the dealer and have them put in the code for you or if you know someone at a dealership that would give you the code is a bonus. When you disconnect the battery ALWAYS make sure the radio is off, this should prevent this from happening again.
Posted on May 28, 2009
MOST OF THE TIME WHEN COOLING FANS KEEP RUNNING WHEN ENGINE IS OFF.ENGINE RUNNING HOT.YOU COULD HAVE A DEFECTIVE WATER PUMP.THERMOSTAT FAULTY AND THE RADIATOR CORE IS BLOCKED.CHECK GRILLE FOR RESTRICTION LIKE LEAVES AND OTHER DEBRIS.HAVE YOUR CAR HOOK TO A SCANNER THAT WILL TELL YOU YOUR COOLANT TEMPERATURE.THAT WAY YOU WILL KNOW ITS THE THERMOSTAT.
Posted on Sep 28, 2009
you have enterd the wrong coad too many times now and the radio has "locked you out!" go to honda they can fix it if you can prove its your car,,,not easy with honda
Posted on Oct 17, 2010
SOURCE: I disconnected the battery from
You must have the security anti-theft code for your VW radio from the car manufacturer, or from a VW dealer!
You can find the radio code at: http://www.radio-code.co.uk/
The sequence of VW radio programming is:
1. Push simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys until on the screen will appear "1000" displayed.
2. Release keys. No more push on "SCAN" and "RDS" keys because otherwise number "1000" will be considered as first safe code attempt.
For example: we have the security code "5079". Then:
3. By the no.# 1 key you will set up the first safe code digit. Push 5 times on the no.# 1 button. The "5" number will be setted.
4. By the no.# 2 key you will set up the second safe code digit. Push 10 times on the no.# 2 button. The "0" number will be setted.
5. By the no.# 3 key you will set up the third safe code digit. Push 7 times on the no.# 3 button. The "7" number will be setted.
6. By the no.# 4 key you will set up the four-th safe code digit. Push 9 times on the no.# 4 button. The "9" number will be setted.
7. Then push again simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys for confirm this safe code. On the screen will be displayed "SAFE" notice. Release keys! For few seconds a radio frequence will be displayed.
The radio is now ready for use!
Posted on May 12, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
May 14, 2014 | 2000 Volkswagen Beetle
Jan 14, 2014 | Volkswagen Jetta Cars & Trucks
Nov 09, 2013 | 2007 Volkswagen Jetta 2.5 Sedan
Apr 03, 2017 | 2005 Volkswagen New Beetle
Feb 23, 2011 | 2005 Volkswagen New Beetle
Jan 19, 2011 | 2000 Mitsubishi Galant
Feb 20, 2010 | 2006 Volkswagen Jetta
Jul 22, 2009 | Volkswagen Jetta Cars & Trucks
Jun 01, 2009 | 1997 Volkswagen Golf
May 07, 2009 | 1999 Volkswagen Passat
43 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!