Question about Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Can anyone tell me what is part of the engine is called? It broke at the base and I need to know the name and if I need to replace just the pipe or the whole thing. I have attatched pictures so you can see what I am talking about.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 3:

    An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points


    An expert that got 20 achievements.


    An expert that got 10 achievements.


    An expert that got 5 achievements.

  • Cars & Trucks Master
  • 3,103 Answers

Please repost with a much more detailed photo..this one doesnt show much sorry...

Posted on Jan 19, 2013


6 Suggested Answers

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
New users get 2 Free calls (no credit card required) and instant help on almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, appliances, handyman, and even pets).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.

Posted on Jan 02, 2017

  • 1861 Answers

SOURCE: 2005 Toyota 4Runner

Cool. You have no problems getting it welded.
Please tell me, which dealer wanted to seel you a cat? I have connection with Toyota HQ, they need to know this stuff. Selling you a cat is simply BS.
The graciousness of a FixYa rating would be most appreciated.

Posted on Dec 22, 2008

  • 7 Answers

SOURCE: the turn signal pin bracket broke

Same thing happened to my 92 sse, i messed with it because i have done everything else, just about, to the car. Believe me when i tellyou THIS IS A PAIN IN THE *** to change! I actually had a buddy who works for a pontica dealer do it. struts, water pump, altenator, cd player, hell even repaired the windshield. You dont want to mess with the steering if you can help it. When i saw all he went thru to change it i was actually HAPPY to pay him!

Posted on Jun 19, 2009

  • 73 Answers

SOURCE: whole in pipe that distributes water to the engine

Any local autoparts store will cary that radiator hose. They're not too expensive.

Posted on Aug 06, 2009

  • 15 Answers

SOURCE: need to replace driver side mirror of an 2008 ford

You can buy stick on replacement mirror glass for most models in good motor accessory shops.These just stick on to the existing glass if there is enough left to stick it to.
If not the dealer will supply the glass seperately but its a little tricky to fit and might be well worth letting them fit it too as it is very easy to break while fitting.

Posted on Sep 18, 2009

  • 68 Answers

SOURCE: 88 Honda Accord

scrap it treat urself to a newer car !

Posted on Dec 07, 2009

Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

1992 Buick Regal Gran Sport 3.8 and I want to replace the brake component, help?

First it is a junkyard or dealer item. I know what you need but don't know the name. Vacuum junction box is what I call it. There are many shapes and sizes. I call a dealer, tell them what I am looking for. They fax a picture and I pick out there number.

Jul 28, 2015 | 1992 Buick Regal

1 Answer

Broke a nub off a cooling system plastic pipe behind the alternator along side the engine. There are two nubs with hoses, the front one broke. I can't find a good diagram or name of the part.

Its called a radiator by pass pipe. Mine broke too! It's L shaped and has two nubs on it. One is small and the other is larger. You can't get it from a local parts store. It's an item that has to be ordered from a dealer. Costs about $100.

Jul 25, 2011 | 1998 Isuzu Rodeo

1 Answer

Motor mount bracket attached to engine looks like a spacer broke and cant find a name or replacement

The motor mount really has no specific name other than motor mount. Its the location of the mount that determines the part that you need. Just call and parts store and tell them the location of the mount and they will usually be able to match something up for you.

Sep 12, 2010 | Chevrolet Malibu Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Pressure hose blew off, antifreeze everywhere, need name of part

try sanding around the pipe before putting on hose because rust sometimes built up where you can't see it, good luck

Jun 01, 2009 | 1998 Chevrolet K1500

2 Answers

2001 Dodge Intrepid Cooling Belt broke

The engine size and make and model would tell you what kind of belt to order call your local parts store and they will tell you

Mar 25, 2009 | 2001 Dodge Intrepid

1 Answer

Water Pump Base

The parts name is called the front cover assembly. Just follow the rest of the bolts on the outside edges of the cover to remove. You will also need to remove the front crank dampener or harmonic balancer. When you get your new front cover remember to get the front crank seal for the cover.

Mar 16, 2009 | 1988 Ford F 150

1 Answer

Stratus 2.4L Water Outlet?

Go to your dealer and drag the parts guy/girl out to your car and point at it. They may know it by a different name. Try thermostat housing.

Dec 05, 2008 | 1998 Dodge Stratus

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

31 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Cars & Trucks Experts


Level 3 Expert

76630 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22219 Answers

Randy Ohler

Level 3 Expert

14585 Answers

Are you a Car and Truck Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides