Question about 1994 Chevrolet C/K 3500
I have a 1994 chevy 3500 with a 6.9 diesel turbo idel fine you drive shuts down has air biuld up in lines and tank half to bleed fuel lines to get restarted
Sounds like u got a clogged fuel filter, or you have got a fuel line somewhere that is sucking air in, could be anywhere from the pump back to the tank, if that shows no luck, get a piece of clear hose and put that just before the pump and look for bubbles, the slightest of bubbles will cause it do run rough and stall
failing this and there is no air bubbles i would say your injector pump needs rebuilding but this is rather unlikely unless u have got a fair few miles on it
hope this helps
Posted on Jan 18, 2013
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
1994 Chevy Truck K 2500 Suburban 4WD V8-393 6.5L DSL
Fuel Cut Solenoid: Testing and Inspection
An inoperative shutdown solenoid can cause a no-start condition. Disconnect solenoid harness connector and with ignition switch in the "ON"
position momentarily touch solenoid harness connector to solenoid connector. If a "click" sound is heard, the solenoid circuit is operating
properly. If "click" is not heard, the system should be diagnosed as follows:
1. With test lamp connected to ground and the ignition switch in the "ON" position, backprobe the shutdown harness connector. If the test lamp
does not light check for open circuit form the ignition switch to the solenoid.
2. If the test lamp lights, check the ground circuit between solenoid stud and injection pump cover to see if connectors are clean and tight. If the
connections are not clean and tight repair and retest.
3. If the ground circuit is "OK", remove the injection pump cover. Connect a jumper wire between solenoid ground connector and ground. With
the ignition switch in the "ON" position, momentarily touch shutdown solenoid harness connector to shutdown solenoid terminal. If solenoid
operates, check for internal injection pump problem.
4. If the solenoid will not operate, replace the shutdown solenoid.
Fuel Cut Solenoid: Service and Repair
REMOVE OR DISCONNECT:
1. Remove pump cover.
2. Terminal contact nuts.
INSTALL OR CONNECT:
1. Solenoid in the pump cover.
- On the shutdown solenoid, make sure that the linkage is free.
- On the cold advance solenoid, make sure that the plunger is centered so that it will contact the check ball in the fitting.
2. Insulating washers on the terminal studs.
3. Terminal nuts and tighten to 1 Nm (9 in lbs).
4. Pump cover.
5. Inspect solenoid operation prior to installing the pump cover. Use a 12 volt DC power source.
Posted on Sep 10, 2009
SOURCE: truck won't crank & run when hot
The PMD ( pump mounted driver) black box on the side of the injection pump is shutting down when it gets hot, Best to replace entire injection pump for warranty purposes> repair should be made by qualified diesel mechanic as the **** timing has to be set with scan tool after replacement
Posted on Jan 31, 2010
Being a diesel there are just too many choices. Best bet is to go get any codes read that may be stored just to begin with
Posted on Feb 18, 2010
its the fuel cut off valve locate on top of the fuel injector pump. shape like cylinder
to test it remove it from the pump.plug back wire turn the key on.but (don;t start) the black rubbber should pull back. if not it broke.Auto sale $278.00
Posted on Nov 24, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 27, 2013 | 1994 Chevrolet K1500
Sep 15, 2013 | Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD Cars & Trucks
Sep 16, 2011 | 2002 Dodge Ram 3500 Truck
Jul 26, 2011 | 2005 Chevrolet Silverado 3500
Jun 14, 2011 | 1994 Dodge Ram 3500
Jan 17, 2010 | 1994 Chevrolet C/K 3500
Sep 02, 2009 | 1996 Chevrolet C/K 3500
Aug 27, 2009 | 1993 Chevrolet C/K 3500
Jun 02, 2009 | 2006 Ford F-250 Super Duty
May 29, 2008 | 1993 Chevrolet C/K 3500
337 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: