Question about 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan
Start van without key fob
Posted by Anonymous on
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Check the battery first. Just because the lights are on doesn't mean it has enough power to start the van. If you or the van has a volt meter, the battery should read at least 13-14 volts to be good. If the battery is good then the alternator is good and we move on to the starter solenoid. I'm sure it's one of these. Do the lights go off or very dim when you turn the key? If so then battery.
Posted on Nov 27, 2009
Testimonial: "Thank so very much! It was the battery and easily fixed with a new duralast from AutoZone!"
SOURCE: How to program a used
If this is an used FOB,you will need to take it back to the dealer as the only way to program the fob is with a scan tool. They should do it for free any way as they lost the progra.
Procedure to program NEW FOB :-
Programming The Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) Module
1. Unlock the vehicle and disarm the Vehicle Theft Security System.
2. Insert ignition key into the ignition switch.
3. Turn the ignition switch to RUN position without starting the engine.
4. Using a functional key fob transmitter, press and hold the UNLOCK button for a minimum five seconds (maximum ten seconds).
5. While still holding the UNLOCK button, and before ten seconds passes, press the PANIC button and release both at the same time. A single chime will sound to verify that the RKE module is set to receive the new Vehicle Access Code(s).
6. Within 30 seconds of the chime, press and release the "LOCK" and "UNLOCK" buttons on the transmitter at the same time. Then press and release any one of the buttons. The BCM will sound an abbreviated chime to acknowledge that the programming of the transmitter has been completed and was successful.
7. Repeat step 6 for all transmitters that will be used with this vehicle, up to 4 total.
8. Programming mode will last for 30 seconds. To get out of programming mode sooner, turn the ignition OFF. A single chime will sound to verify that the RKE module will no longer accept additional Vehicle Access Code(s).
9. When Vehicle Access Code(s) programming is complete, turn the ignition switch to the OFF position and verify RKE system operation using each key fob.
Let me know,if needed further assistance.
Kindly accept my solution.
Thanks for using ' Fixya ' and have a nice day!!
Posted on May 11, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 06, 2018 | Dodge Grand Caravan Cars & Trucks
Jul 09, 2017 | Dodge Cars & Trucks
Feb 13, 2017 | 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jan 24, 2016 | 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jun 22, 2015 | 2000 Dodge Caravan
Aug 13, 2017 | Dodge Grand Caravan Cars & Trucks
Nov 17, 2012 | 2005 Dodge Caravan
Oct 29, 2017 | 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan
Nov 21, 2010 | 2008 Dodge Grand Caravan
Jun 23, 2017 | 2006 Dodge Grand Caravan
188 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!