Question about 2001 Cadillac DeVille
How do I replace the bulb.
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: replacing bulbs
well... it turns out the 04 is different.
check out this link. it may offer some insight. I understand the bulbd may be replaced in the switches, however you have to remove the aigbag to access....
Posted on Dec 28, 2008
remove your license and behind it you will find i think two screws then remove that panel and you should be able to get to it.
Posted on Jan 29, 2009
4.6 Northstar V8. It is located on the rear of engine (driver side) in front. It is 1n the the waterpump housing cover. Remove airbox and intake tube and bottom radiator hose. 2 bolts(believe 10mm) on thermo housing. These systems are a lil finiky about air pockets....so fill slowly and let run at idle until operating temp and let cool and chk level.....fill as needed and repeat if needed.
Posted on Jul 06, 2009
2001 Cadillac DeVille V8-4.6L VIN 9
BACKUP LAMP REPLACEMENT
1. Pull down the rear compartment lid trim. Refer to Compartment Lid Trim Replacement - Rear in Trunk/Liftgate.
2. Disconnect the electrical connector.
3. Remove the fasteners that secure the backup lamp assembly.
4. Remove the backup lamp assembly.
5. Remove the bulb assembly.
6. Remove the bulb.
1. Install the bulb into the bulb socket.
2. Install the bulb assembly into the backup lamp assembly.
3. Pull the wire harness through the body and seat the grommet.
4. Install the backup lamp assembly to the rear compartment lid.
NOTE: Refer to Fastener Notice in Service Precautions.
5. Install the fasteners in order to secure the backup lamp assembly.
Tighten the fasteners to 4.5 N.m (40 lb in).
6. Connect the electrical connector.
7. Install the rear compartment lid trim.
Posted on Sep 11, 2009
Generally the low beams or high beams for that matter are a bulb that connects to a socket that is held in place by a ring or collar that is rotated to release from behind the glass and plastic headlamp assembly. Open the hood to access it, generally.
May have to remove a shroud or plastic paneling to get to it.
If you get your bulbs from the parts store, looking at the base can give you a clue as to how to replace it on the car. Make sure the O-ring seats properly and do not handle the bulb without gloves or shortly after turning off the lights (removing old bulb).
Posted on Jul 03, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 30, 2017 | Cadillac Cars & Trucks
Aug 12, 2010 | 1999 Cadillac DeVille
May 29, 2010 | 2001 Cadillac DeVille
Sep 11, 2009 | Cadillac DeVille Cars & Trucks
Aug 27, 2009 | 2001 Cadillac DeVille
Apr 18, 2009 | 2001 Lincoln LS
Jan 30, 2009 | 2001 Cadillac Seville
Jun 23, 2008 | 2001 Cadillac DeVille
136 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!