Air bag light is blinking
Guys! Are you readying your airbag system after messing around with your truck?
I've seen airbag lights come on for man reasons, faulty sensors, connections, replacing RADIOS! Removing seats!! All sorts of reasons. Personally I bought my QX56 with the airbag light blinking. Drove me crazy for 24 hours till I decided to reset it n see what happened. It takes two minutes to do. No tools.
1. Turn key from off to on. (on meaning all your dash lights are on but your not cranking the motor)
2. Watch the airbag light closely. It will stay on for a few secs. and then as soon as it blinks off (the start of the flashing), turn the key off instantly.
3. Count to 5 (1 Mississippi, 2 Mississippi . . . .)
4. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times until you have done the cycle three times.
5. Now turn the key on and watch the light. It will start blinking in a different, slower manner. This is diagnostic mode. You can watch this for a little while, no hurry.
6. Now turn the key off again, Count to 5 like in step 3 again, and turn back on. If the procedure worked, the airbag light will not be flashing.
Oct 27, 2010 |
2004 Infiniti QX56