Question about Cars & Trucks
Bought used car without owners manual and having difficulties with phone integration amongst other things, its a 2008 Saab 93 150 SE linear. anyone any ideas.
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of.(from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones)
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Like a lot of SAAB components, the manufacturer has tried to make them as least attractive and susceptible to theft as possible - try fitting a stereo from one SAAB to an identical model - it won't work. It is a question of divorce and marriage.
The components (electronic ones) are married to the individual car. Your remote from another car would need to be de-prgrammed by a dealer with full SAAB diagnostic equipment (if it is possible to de-program the remote), before being married to your car. A 9-3 can have up to 3 or 4 keys (mine has two - there were three but it's a long story!) with different levels of access for the car. Without the donor car available to electronically divorce the donated remote I am not sure that they will work.
Also bear in mind that different overseas markets use different UHF frequencies for remotes for car locking systems and unless the remotes are a perfect match for your car they may never work.
Slide out the metal key insert from the remote and check the engraved code on the inside curve of your remote to see if the part number matches or comes close to the one from your original key.
Posted on Jan 12, 2009
Hi,If you press and hold the reset button on the SID unit the message will go out ,however it might come back on a few times so you may have to repeat this for a couple of days till it stays out.
Posted on Feb 01, 2009
A SAAB dealer should be able to print one out for you. BTW that engine is practically identical to the V6 used in a caddy Catera, and Saturn Ion. Those diagrams would be the same, so you might want to search that also.
Posted on Mar 25, 2009
1. Remove the battery.
2. Remove the clutch cable end from the clutch arm end at the wire stop.
3. Slide out the rubber doughnut from the gearbox housing which holds the clutch cable
4. Move the distribution box nut and the alarm pin attached to it (some modules)
5. Disconnect the clutch cable holder from the fender and the data link holder.
6. Remove the drivers lower panel below the steering wheel and remove the air duct as well as the knee shield.
7. Slide out the fuse box holder and ICE Box (should be a black box with many wires going to it). You can remove the instrument cluster at this point but you can also do this without removing the cluster with a little patience
8. Move the pedal spring to one side and remove the eye catch for the cable.
9. Remove the clutch cable by pulling it out from the engine compartment
10. Reinstall in the reverse. Saab actually came out with a bulletin which Needed one to install two washers at the back of the new cable instead of one. The factory cable comes with one but you can remove the 2nd washer off the old cable and install it on the new cable so two exist. This helps take up excessive pedal slack.
Posted on Apr 29, 2009
Re : the computer , they better cover it under warranty or they ****.
Re : the water pump , you have a leak and they say it is the water pump , I have no reason to doubt that they have honestly checked out the problem and determined that a new water pump is the only solution but , damn $ 1000 is pretty steep. I would look around for another mechanic for a second opinion and a quote. Avoid dealerships. Not sure what engine you have but i just looked in my saab with a 2.3 and hope I never have to do mine. I am pretty good with a wrench but I know there would be lots of swearing involved.
Posted on Nov 09, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 02, 2013 | Saab Cars & Trucks
Oct 09, 2012 | 2002 Opel Corsa
Aug 23, 2012 | 1999 Saab 9-3
Nov 04, 2009 | 1995 Saab 900
Jul 07, 2009 | 1992 Saab 9000
Mar 12, 2009 | 1990 Saab 900 Hatchback
Jun 23, 2008 | 1996 Saab 9000
Dec 15, 2017 | Cars & Trucks
138 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: