Question about 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix
Did it come that way from the factory? If so, you have a brokem wire in between the door and the body where the door attaches to the body. Comes from use. Nothing new. Otherwise mirror is defective. Check for broken wires first. This also causes windows and seats/doorlocks not to work. You'd be surprised how many wires you find broken or shortd out completely. Can be stripped and connected with red wire connectors from auto parts store.
Posted on Jan 16, 2013
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Hello, to replace the rear mirror, try the following:
1. Roll the passenger side door window all the way down. Turn off the ignition and remove the keys.
2. Gently pry the window control panel from the arm rest with the pry tool or screwdriver starting at the bottom of the panel. Flip it over and unplug all the wire harness outlets from it. Set the panel aside.
3. Locate and remove the two panel door plugs near the arm rest concealing the two screws and remove the screws with the Phillips head screwdriver.
4. Remove the door panel retainer plugs along the edge of the door by pressing in the middle of the plug to unlock it and removing the plug.
5. Detach the mounting triangle from the upper inside door panel covering the side-view mirror.
6. Remove the door panel by lifting outward and then upward. Disconnect the speaker wire harness from the underside of the door panel and set the door panel aside.
7. Locate and disconnect the mirror wire harness.
8. Pull back the foam insulation from the inside panel covering the side-view mirror.
9. Unscrew the three mounting nuts from the mirror using the ratchet, extension and a socket. Do not drop the nuts into the door cavity.
10. Pry the mirror gently away from the outside of the door.
11. Install the new mirror and replace the mounting nuts on the mirror studs and tighten with the ratchet, socket, and extension. Plug the mirror wire harness back in. Replace the foam insulation. Replace the mounting triangle.
12. Replace the door panel by reversing the procedure. Start by plugging in the speaker wire first.
Posted on Jul 26, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 09, 2018 | Cars & Trucks
Jun 24, 2013 | 1996 Mercedes-Benz C-Class
It is legal to tint car windows in San Diego if vehicle has dual side mirrors. Windshields cannot have after-market tinting. If the rear window (rear windshield) receives aftermarket tint, the vehicle must have exterior rear view mirrors on both the left and right sides of the vehicle.
If you want more information, You can talk to window tinting San Diego experts.
Mar 20, 2013 | Cars & Trucks
Jan 18, 2013 | 1998 Volvo S70
Oct 01, 2012 | Cars & Trucks
Nov 07, 2011 | 2001 Pontiac Montana
Feb 24, 2011 | 2003 Ford Explorer
May 13, 2010 | 1995 Mercury Villager
Sep 04, 2009 | 1997 Chevrolet Blazer
Jun 03, 2009 | 2008 Mazda Mx 5 Miata
103 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: