No power to all three (3) blower switches, rear defrost switch,
I'm having a problem with my van. No power to my three blower switches, rear defrost switch,turn signals,and back-up lights. They were working fine when I shut van off. I started to take the panel off to get to the fuse box, when they started again. I shut engine off and when I went out to start engine, they would not work.They either all work or none work.It seems that there is something common to all of them but do not know what it is
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Relay maybe . free wiring diagrams here http://www.bbbind.com/free_tsb.html Enter vehicle info. year , make , model an engine size . Under system click Body & accessories ,then under subsystem click on rear window defogger . Click the search button then the blue link .Looking at the diagram you will see three fuse's , a relay ,lighting control module , defroster switch . The switch is a input to the lighting control module , the lighting control module will supply a ground to the control side of the rear window defroster relay ,energizing the relay sending B+ power to the defroster grid.
Because the first three speeds are not going through the same power feed configuration. You can check the speed switch but I do not think that is it. Kind of hard to fathom three contacts all going bad at same time.
Rather you might want to check the schematic and you might discover that the first three speeds of the blower go through a special circuit powered by your car's ignition switch!!! If that part of the ignition switch goes it affects your ac blower - and don't be surprised if your rear lights and some other stuff is not working also!!!!!
You most likely have a vacuum leak in the climate control switch or elsewhere behind the switch. 75% of the time the climate control switch must be replaced, otherwise in the other 25% the vacuum leak must be found and sealed(if not in the switch) before normal operation of the unit will occur.
1 the switch has failed and needs replaced. Test with a multi meter
2 The fan has died and needs replaced. test with a multi meter
3 There may be a fuse for it that has blown and needs replaced. Check all the other buttons and switches in the dash to see if there is anything else not working, this makes the fuse the most likely
Check the blower motor fro good connection, power and ground. Hot wire it to the battery and see if it runs. Check the blower fuse, relay, switch and resistor pack. blower and rear defrost circuits are totally unrelated.
CHECK BLOWER MOTOR FUSE AND RELAY.IF ALL IS GOOD.CHECK TO SEE IF BLOWER IS GETTING POWER.IF NOT.SWITCH IS BAD.IF YES REPLACE BLOWER MOTOR.IF TURN SIGNALS STOP WORKING.CHECK FUSE FIRST.IF FUSE LOOK GOOD. CHECK BULBS TO SEE IF THEY ARE BLOWN.IF BULBS LOOK GOOD PROBLEM COULD BE WORN OR CORRODED BULB SOCKETS OR.BAD GROUND.OR THE TURN SIGNAL SWITCH IS BAD.
check the filters located behind a panel in the back of the glove box they should be cleaned at least once a year. if not plugged then check to see if the switch is changing from panel to floor to defrost ect. could be this selector switch.