Question about Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

How do I fix the pinhole in the rubber tubing?

It is thin rubber tubing that goes in the refrigiator to provide ice and water from the refrigiator.

Posted by on


1 Answer

  • Level 1:

    An expert who has achieved level 1.

    New Friend:

    An expert that has 1 follower.

  • Contributor
  • 1 Answer

In my experience there are only two ways to go about it. One is of course to replace the line completely, and the other is to cut the hose at the point where it's leaking and splice it together.

Posted on Jan 15, 2013


1 Suggested Answer

  • 2 Answers

SOURCE: I have freestanding Series 8 dishwasher. Lately during the filling cycle water hammer is occurring. How can this be resolved

A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Good luck!

Posted on Jan 02, 2017


Add Your Answer

Uploading: 0%


Complete. Click "Add" to insert your video. Add



Related Questions:

1 Answer

My 2006 Hhr rear passenger side leaks onto the seat when it rains.t

This is a rather common issue with these trucks...and rather easy to fix.

There is a piece of rubber underneath the front trim that covers a hole in the upper firewall. Over time, the adhesive that holds it wears out & it works like a funnel...directing rainwater directly into the cavity & down into the cabin.

Top repair, lift the hood, and look at the base of the windshield. You'll see the large plastic piece of trim that goes across the width of the glass. Remove the screws holding it in place & remove it..

Now you should be able to see the rubber sheet that I mentioned earlier. Looks like an oblong piece of inner tube. I got a piece of thin sheet aluminum, and used the rubber piece as a template to cut it to the correct size. Then I used some adhesive caulking to bond the rubber piece to the bottom of the aluminum piece. Then I caulked around the perimeter of the hole & installed the new cover...then reinstalled the trim.

Works like a charm.. Cheap to do...and is a pretty quick fix. Maybe an hour in total.

Mar 04, 2015 | 2006 Chevrolet HHR

1 Answer

I have an issue with my windows fogging up when I use heat to defrost them.

This is normal if your A/C doesn't work. When set on defrost the A/C kicks on and off to keep the fog from appearing. the fog goes away once the heat inside reaches a certain temperature. Unless the drain is clogged and the plenum is holding water. Do you have ice on the inside? clean the drain. It's on the passenger side, near the bottom of the firewall. A rubber tube coming out, that goes to nothing.

Dec 29, 2014 | 1998 Lexus ES 300

1 Answer

Why does my van make a hissing noise after I shut it off? There are no fluids leaking and the temperature guage appears to be normal.

Hi Morganna, sounds like a vacuum leak. Check all of your thin vacuum lines, especially the ones that run close to the engine. Rubber hoses tend to break down over time. They usually fail right where they attach to something. You may be able to find the leak with some water/dish detergent. Just brush or spray it on and see if you get bubbles. If there is enough slack, cut the line back to good hose and re-connect. If not, get some new vacuum tubing of the same size, and get a hose barb splice, and add in the new tubing.
some vacuum lines are really important, operating sensors etc, so fix this sooner than later.

Jun 27, 2012 | 2006 Toyota Sienna

1 Answer

Water leaks under dash on passenger side when it rains

You have a clogged drain tube. If you can get under the vechicle on the passenger side, u will find a rubber tube about 3/8 diameter. Take a small rod or something long and thin and push up the tube. this will clear the blockage and restore normal flow..

Jul 05, 2011 | Chrysler Town & Country Cars & Trucks

2 Answers

I am replacing the compressor, drier , and orfice tube but I can not locate the orfice tube

The orifice tube is located inside the low pressure line, usually just before the evaporator. DO NOT forget to measure and replace the oil that you get in the dryer, as a percentage of total system capacity for oil. It is special oil.

Jun 25, 2011 | Ford Taurus Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

There's a pinhole leak on a valve or a metal connector and I'm losing coolant. I don't know what the part is called. It's located in the middle behind the fan. It looks like a "t"...

This is a coolant tube that goes to the top of the water pump, it is called the upper water pump bypass tube, you will also need to purchase the rubber o-ring

When replacing, make sure you are doing a coolant flush, as old cooland will cause this type of corrosion and failure

good luck

Jun 24, 2011 | Ford Ranger Cars & Trucks

1 Answer

Replace water pump for 05town &country. Do I need glue or just replace rubber seal just like oil filter.

You can use a silicone sealer if you can get it, a small tube like a tooth paste tube is enough. Smear it along the sealing area, a thin film is good.

Nov 20, 2010 | 2005 Chrysler Town & Country

2 Answers

Overheating and leakage...

That tube is the A/C drain port. Your problem is the heater core is leaking and draining from the A/Cdrain port. I hope this helps.
Thank You,

Aug 09, 2009 | 1991 Chevrolet Corsica

2 Answers

Engine Coolant Leak

That sounds like the heater bypass tube. On the end of the tube going into the water pump is an o-ring. Pull out the tube, clean it real good, put a new o-ring on it. Clean the hole well that it goes in. Then I will put a slight amount of silicone around the o-ring. That helps it go back together and fills any imperfections.
Hope this helps you.

Apr 03, 2009 | 1999 Dodge Ram

Not finding what you are looking for?
Cars & Trucks Logo

Related Topics:

14 people viewed this question

Ask a Question

Usually answered in minutes!

Top Cars & Trucks Experts


Level 3 Expert

78919 Answers

Colin Stickland
Colin Stickland

Level 3 Expert

22326 Answers

john h

Level 3 Expert

13604 Answers

Are you a Car and Truck Expert? Answer questions, earn points and help others

Answer questions

Manuals & User Guides