Question about Cars & Trucks
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: cabin filter element location
Filter is located behind the glove box. All you need is a screwdriver to replace.
1. Open the glove box and empty to take the weight off the box.
2. On the right side there is a plastic hinge like device held on by one Phillips head screw. If you have trouble removing with a Phillips screwdriver you can remove with a narrow flat head screwdriver. Remove the screw and slide hinge off the mount.
3. To drop the glove box press the sides slightly inwards while 'forcing' it open beyond it's normal stopping point. Careful as when it releases it will fall wide open and may even fall from its hinged area. Set it aside.
4. Behind the glove box there is probably some fiberous material inserted to prevent noise like squeaking when it rubs. It is sticky on one side to hold it in place. Just remove and place out of the way.
5. Behind the fiberous material there'll be a cover which kinda looks like a grille. Mine was white and it is in the center of the opening. Remove it by releasing the clips at the left or right. It comes right out.
6. When the cover comes off slide the filter out and replace it. The filter lays flat and just slides in and out easily. However, if it has been some time since you replaced be prepared for a lot of debris on top of the filter such as leaves, grass or other general type of debris that has been sucked into the filter. It also may be the source of any bad odors that you smell through the air conditioning system.
7. Reverse the process. Replace the cover and push the glove box lid back into place. When you replace the glove box be careful to make sure the hinge you initiallly removed the screw from is not left behind the glove box or you will have to remove again to get it out. Replace the screw and do not over tighten as it screws into plastic and then your done.
Posted on May 07, 2009
SOURCE: cabin air filter, location
It's located on the engine compartment firewall, passenger-side. Open
the hood, stand by the right front wheel and you'll see the fasteners
to remove forward of the wipers. Fasteners are removed by pushing the
center in, then pulling them out. To replace. pull the center out,
replace it, then push it flush to lock.
Good luck and hope this helps.
Posted on Dec 14, 2009
SOURCE: How to Fit a Cabin Filter
Hiya...the cabin air filter is located below the front passenger/windshield area.
It's only accessible by standing outside the Equinox with the hood open.
Here's how to do it...(before you pop open the hood)
1) Stand outside at the front-right door area.
2) Just below the front windshield area, pull up a few small black plastic clips that's on the black windshield wiper cowl area- a small flat screwdriver or a special clip-remover tool is handy.
3) Raise the hood up.
4) There may be a triangular-shaped hard foam sound damper at the left side nearby the hood hinge...pull it off if it allow you to work around it with ease.
5) Continue to find a few black plastic clips around the black windshield wiper cowl area.
6) Gently pull up the black windshield wiper cowl cover with care not to bend it too hard during removal.
7) You should see the cabin air filter inside that's held in place by a black rectangular box inside.
8) There's 2 black tabs that holds the cabin air filter in place.
9) Insert your finger or tool to pry the cabin air filter away from the tabs.
10) Remove old cabin air filter.
Remember to reinstall the clip parts back into place when you're finished.
Posted on Jan 31, 2009
The cabin air filter is behind the glove box. The first thing you need to do is empty the glove box. (2) you need to remove the side panel that runs along the side of the shifter, it is a long panel and has on clip near the firewall, the clip will have a phillips head on it, just back it out and remove this panel. Then remove all the bolts (10MM) holding the glove box on, The glove box is will stay up because it has two hings that run into the sides of dash. All you need to do is squeeze the glove box untill it pops out and the glove box will be out. There is no need to unhook the wiring for the light bulb just let the glove box hang on the floor. Now you will see a black cover that is held on by 4 small metal clips, remove these and pull the cabin air filter out. when you reinstall the new one, make sure you put it in with the air flow arrows pointed in the right direction or else you will cause blockage. reinstall and enjoy your new heppa filter
Posted on Jun 25, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 19, 2016 | Holden Cars & Trucks
Oct 10, 2016 | Holden Cars & Trucks
May 08, 2016 | Holden Cars & Trucks
Jan 09, 2016 | Holden Cars & Trucks
Jan 04, 2015 | Holden Cars & Trucks
Jun 10, 2014 | 2006 Holden Commodore SS
May 23, 2014 | 2006 Holden Commodore SS
Mar 26, 2012 | 2006 Holden Commodore SS
2,785 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!