- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
By the book, you are supposed to remove the upper intake and the cowl to do the spark plugs. This is why the labor is about 2 hours.
You can however remove the plugs without doing this, but if you have large arms, you are going to have a problem. i have relatively thin forearms and still get a little scratched up.
Regarding the rear (hard to do) ones:
I remove the intake hose and top of air cleaner, then access the 10mm bolts on the coil packs from behind the throttle body. The coil packs will just barely clear the manifold.
Then i drop a 8" 3/8 extension with 5/8" rubber sleeved plug socket into the hole.
Then go back in with a small ratchet to break them loose.
Take the ratchet back off and unscrew the rest of the way by hand.
The #1 cylinder is often easier to do from the passenger side though.
On my 2004 toyota,,,directly behind the passenger side front seat (have to push passenger seat all the way forward to see it, there is a small square flap in the carpet,,,lift that up and underneath is a big bolt which you turn counterclock wise with your spare tire lug wrench and the tire will lower to the ground. thats about it. good luck
I fixed this problem on my 2004 Sienna. The moisture seems to come in from the top of the headlamp assembly. I generously applied Permatex Super Clear VINYL SEALANT to the seam at the top of the assembly after drying out the moisture by remvoing the bulbs. There are vent at the bottom of the assembly which should be open; there's a liitle foam plug that let's air in so the assembly is not intended to be airtight. There has been no moisture problem for about a year.