Re: intelligent idle engine stoping system vitz 2006
Hello Yes, vitz 2006 got idle engine stopping system. I got the same model and was told by my mechanic that these car have that system installed. Also you can notice yourself that when you are reducing the speed while turning or stopping, you can feel the engine going to die. i mean idling it self. I h ope you get my point as its hard for me to explain Regards http://www.thekonsultant.com http://www.manwithvans.com :)
a 6ya Mechanic can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repair professionals here in the US. click here to Talk to a Mechanic (only for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need. Goodluck!
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The reasons are follows:
- Contaminated fuel.
- Knock sensor poor performance.
- Check exhaust system. If clogged, remove or replace the honey comb porcelain.
- Check ignition timing with scan tool at idle speed. (5 - 8 degrees BTDC).
- Check engine oil level. If the oil level is low, it may be one of the reasons for knocking, because oil may be burning during the combustion.
- Check fuel pump pressure. ( 41 - 49 psi).
- Remove negative battery terminal for 5 Sec or more. Reconnect the terminal. Close all doors, remove all electrical loads like room light, parking lights, blower motor etc. Start the engine and hold the throttle at 3000 rpm till the radiator fan becomes on to complete the idle speed relearn process. Release accelerator pedal after the radiator fan becomes on, and let it idle for 7 min more.
- Switch off the engine for 3 sec and you can then start and drive the car comfortably.
Hope that works.
If the light is off, the abs system is working. If the light is on, the abs system has a fault. When key is turned on, the abs light should come on briefly to let you know the abs system is powered. Then when engine starts, the light should go off.
I think you are refering ti the VIN (vehicle identification number) where your engine code number can be referanced. It is located on thd dash board above the steering wheel in the top left corner..It more visible from outside the vehicle. You can use this number at any dealer or parts store and they will be able to tell you what your engine specifications are...hope this helps Please reply! Thank you
I have recently bought a vitz/ yaris 2006 imported from Japan. Local dealers/ automobile mechanics have told me that S is for Speed i.e. you should ideally shift to this one when you cross 100 kmph. Another view on this ''S'' gear is for sporty driving overall when you can use a surge of fuel for higher acceleration.
'B' as I have been told is for driving in hilly areas on rather steep & continous inclines & declines.
Please do note that this information is from off the streets & cannot be authenticated from any toyota mannual yet. I with Toyota would itself offer english translationso of owner's handbooks online.
You might also have to swap the ECM (engine control computer) because most new cars also read readings from the transmission and because you changed it to a manual, it no longer gets readings it needs from the auto transmission. The only way to know is to hook the car up to an ODB II code reader or take the car to the repair shop and let them pull the codes from the computer and tell you if they relate to the automatic transmission. There is no way you can shut off the transmission side of your computer and use the same old computer that you used when you had an automatic transmission.