Question about Ford Transit Connect
Posted by Anonymous on
a 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
the service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Automobiles: 2000 Ford Escort ZX2 4-cylinder 2.0L MFI DOHC
The "left" side of the engine is the driver's side.
The Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor is a thermistor (a device which changes resistance or voltage as temperature changes). The sensor detects the temperature of engine coolant and provides a corresponding signal to the PCM (Powertrain Control Module - aka "the car's computer").
The ECT sensor is mounted in the following locations (small Ford engines):
1.8L engines: in the cylinder head
1.9L engines: threaded into the heater hose inlet pipe
2.0L engines: at the left rear of the engine
2.0L Zetec Engine
(1) Partially drain the engine cooling system using a clean container. If coolant is in good condition, retain for reuse.
(2) Disconnect the battery ground cable.
(3) Disconnect the electrical wiring connector from the engine coolant temperature (ECT) sensor.
(4) Remove the retaining clip and the ECT sensor.
Fig. 1 Escort ZX2 ECT sensor - The retaining clip is removed (at the solid arrow). Withdraw ECT sensor by gently wiggling/pulling in the direction of the dashed arrow.
Coat the ECT sensor O-ring with clean coolant prior to installation.
(1) Replace the retaining clip and the ECT sensor.
(2) Connect the electrical wiring connector from the Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) sensor.
(3) Connect the battery ground cable.
(4) Refill the engine cooling system. An inexpensive plastic "Radiator Funnel" will help with this task.
Posted on Dec 05, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 24, 2015 | 2010 Ford Transit Connect
Nov 29, 2014 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Jun 25, 2014 | 2010 Ford Transit Connect
Dec 05, 2011 | 2000 Ford Escort
Jan 10, 2011 | Ford Ranger Cars & Trucks
Oct 27, 2010 | 2001 Ford Focus
Mar 19, 2009 | 2000 Ford F150 Flareside SuperCab
146 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: