Question about 1999 Hyundai Accent
How do you remove the coin box on a 1999 Accent Hyundai , it either has clips or screws in the inside back?
A 6ya expert can help you resolve that issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
The service is completely free and covers almost anything you can think of (from cars to computers, handyman, and even drones).
click here to download the app (for users in the US for now) and get all the help you need.
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 2002 Hyundai Accent Problem
first thing i need to know is did the timing belt break?
second is are you sure you aligned the timing marks and after the belt tensioner was tight you rechecked to make sure the timing stayed where you had it.
next step would be a compression check to if a valve was bent whenchanging the belt
i have seen this happen and this engine is an interferance engine.
Posted on Sep 28, 2008
hi from uk location of fuel safety shut off valve/switch on uk r/h drive accents is on the engine bay bulkhead in front of drivers side it is a square box with red rubber top press button may be on opposite side on l/h drives ? if activated? just press button till click ? to reset these normally only cut off on impact ? to stop elec fuel pump continuing delivering if involved in an R.T.A fire prevention
Posted on Jan 08, 2009
Your Local Auto Parts Store has the Tool that you need for this Removal. Some of them will let you Rent it instaed of paying the 50.00 Bucks for the Tool.
Posted on Jan 24, 2009
Removing the door is very tricky, trust me on this. I ended up breaking it the first time, so please learn from my mistake.
1. Remove all visible screws: 2 at bottom of door, 3 on front near hinge, 1 on inside the door lever. You will need an average size phillips screwdriver to do this.
2. On the door handle itself, you will see two circles. Pop the front one out. You will need a LARGE size phillips screwdriver to do this.
3. Once screws are removed, take a (standard) flat-head screwdriver, preferable one with a large face, and pry the triangular piece of plastic (that covers the outside SIDE mirror) off. This will aide in puting the door panel back on...TRUST ME!!!
4. Take the same flat-head screwdriver, and pry behind the door lock (at the same time, push forward toward the door hinge). The assembly should pop out.
5. Gently pry the door panel from the door, making sure not to break any unnecessary pieces along the way. The door panel should be hanging by the window sill opening.
6. This is where it will get tricky. It is advised that you use help with this part: Angle the door panel at a 45 degree angle. AT THE SAME TIME, slightly bend and twist the door lock handle until it fits through the hole. You will see the 3 pegs the held it in the door from before. Also note: Be careful not to break the 2 poles that are attached to the lock.
7. After popping the lock through the hole, you should be able to lift the door upward, and off the sill. Repeat these steps in reverse order to re-attach door panel.
Be careful not to rip sound-deadening paper found on inside of door unless you intend to remove or replace it! Not only does it prevent dirt and moisture from entering your door (and possible rusting it from the inside out), but it makes your speakers sound better too!
**It is also recommended to put a tiny bead of silicone on the inside of the door panel to help suppress any rattling, and prevent moisture and dust from entering. It also helps your screws obtain a tighter fit. Hope this helps!
Posted on Mar 24, 2009
You have to take out the ash tray, and remove those two screws, then pop out the center dash trim. Careful, though, you have to take out a lot of the wiring inside of your center dash trim in order to pull it out for enough room to move the radio in and out. I'm doing this right now, actually..
Posted on May 22, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Mar 06, 2015 | 2008 Hyundai Accent
Dec 17, 2010 | 2003 Hyundai Accent
Feb 17, 2010 | 2002 Hyundai Accent
Nov 13, 2009 | Hyundai Motor 1998 Accent
Sep 06, 2009 | 1997 Hyundai Accent
Jun 20, 2009 | 1999 Hyundai Accent
Mar 15, 2009 | Hyundai Motor 1995 Accent
Feb 23, 2009 | 2001 Hyundai Accent
Jan 01, 2009 | 1999 Hyundai Accent
22 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: