Enging vibrating at idle
1) It is very possible your engine mounts can be worn, but
2) the vibration you feel may be also due to the idle itself degrading to the point that the car is shaking. Does the engine sound like it is getting ready to die? what is the engine rpm when you feel the vibration? You may just have a dirty throttle body. In this case, clean the throttle body plate and bore and the problem will go away.
3) did the problem seem to come on suddenly or gradually, if gradually, you may just need some plugs and/or wires, and/or cap/ignition rotor, etc. (a tune up)
4) Also, do you only feel the vibration when the AC system is on?
5) there are some other reasons for abnormal engine vibration at idle, but the above are some of the most common, and simpler to repair.
All the best with the repair!
May 10, 2009 |
1991 Honda Accord