Question about 1998 Dodge Stratus
Battery is charged. and i can hear the fuel pump come on. spark plugs are great. spark plug wires look great, problem was sudden and no apparent warning.
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: 1999 dodge neon
I had the same issue and it turned out to be grounding issues. by that I mean ALL of my grounds were rusted/loose/ too small wire/ ect.
To curb this issue i had to locate multiple grounding wires on the engine and that little wire running from the ground terminal to the front cross member was heating up because so much current draw through it- after locating grounding wires, Sanding the connections and using petroleum jelly AND replacing the ground terminal and Positive terminal the issue cleared up.
The only reason i knew it was ground issues on my car was finding that one chassis ground wire heating up from just running my car.
Posted on Mar 17, 2009
HEY! I JUST changed my camshaft sensor and crankshaft sensor yesterday and I had the EXACT same problem. Now it starts right up for me perfectly, BUT I now have ANOTHER issue. The Engine seems to have lost all power, it will hardly move when it is put in gear, I'm lucky if I can go above 5MPH!
But yea, if your check engine light is on, turn your key(don't try to start it) back and forth 3 times, once you have turned the key the third time, you SHOULD get a code you can look up in the repair manual. The code will either be a readable code: ei P01684, which is the code for battery disconnection, or your check engine light will flash a series of times, stop, then flash again. Depends on your dashboard. If you have the electronic mileage meter, you will get the readable code. If you are unsure of how to perform this very simple home diagnostics test, you can also RENT the actual plug in tester from AutoZone or Advanced Auto Parts. I hope this helps you, I figured my problem out the hard way ei MECHANIC= EXPENSIVE!
Posted on Sep 09, 2009
SOURCE: '87 dodge raider wont ilde.
My 88 raider did the same thing. As long as I had my foot on the gas pedal it would run but if I lifted off the gas it would die. It ended up being a vacuum line. I can't remember which one (possibly the AAP) but not sure. I did replace the AAP diaphragm and all of my vacuum lines.
Posted on Oct 20, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 15, 2013 | Acura RSX Cars & Trucks
Mar 31, 2013 | 1989 Ford Escort
Oct 10, 2010 | 1986 Buick LeSabre
There are some possibilities which you will have to check in this case:--
1) First of all check the power and voltage to the battery. With meter it will show exact 12 volt if the battery is charged. If the voltage is less get the battery charged at local auto repair shop. If the battery is internally drained and not getting charged then its time to replace the battery.
2) When you crank the car do you see spark coming at the spark plug? If no then its time to check the spark plugs and coil pack. If the spark plugs are not worn out and looks new then its time to check coil pack. The spark plug gets power to spark from coil pack.
3) The other thing to check in this case is the starter solenoid of the car. If the battery is charged and you start the car then it gives power to the starter to start the car. But if starter is faulty or not connected properly then car will not start.
4) The other thing to check in this case is fuel in the car. If there is fuel in the car then check the blockages in the fuel pump if the fuel pump looks proper then check the fuel filter above the fuel pump.
5) If all the above possibilities mentioned above checked out OK/perfect then it's a electrical issue and the wiring's in the car needs to be checked. The car gets power from the battery to get started. so the wires from battery needs to be checked one by one.
Thanks. keep updated for any more query.you can rate this solution and show your appreciation.
Sep 25, 2010 | 1995 Ford Contour
Aug 16, 2010 | 1995 Dodge Neon
Jul 26, 2010 | 1995 Honda Civic
May 20, 2010 | 1988 Pontiac Grand Am
May 05, 2010 | 1986 Buick Century
Mar 30, 2010 | 2002 Chevrolet Blazer
Jan 02, 2009 | 2004 Kia Sedona
68 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: